idea for stupid threads?

Old August 18th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

Default idea for stupid threads?

what do you say we put pictures of elephants on all the stupid
repetitive threads that people make... I.E. whats easier... riding...
or doing a double backflip off a 10 foot wall ON a unicycle?
i have seen this implimented on another forum and it works quite well,
noobs see these threads and refrain from making one of their own...

so here you are ... since this thread is a little stupid

[image:
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/...470x334,0.jpg]

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Uh, what kind of image should we stick in *this* thread? You apparently
created it for no reason, while the elephant should've been put into
one of the stupid threads that already existed.

That said, the problem with many "stupid threads" is that they have
stupid subject lines. The person might have a good question, but asks
something else in the subject, or else just says something like
"Another newbie question." For me, those get ignored. If I don't know
the question, I usually stay away.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Put stupid threads like these in Just Conversation. Better, just discuss
it in the MR chatroom.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CKCrowe

johnfoss wrote:

That said, the problem with many "stupid threads" is that they have
stupid subject lines. The person might have a good question.

Yea great point theres always something good about threads, like the
CKCrowe isnt alloud thread, unicyclists are becoming more like skaters
with the cussing, the vulgure images in this website, you could no
longer call this a family forum because of how messed up it is.

--
CKCrowe

1-5 Hours a day¿¿¿¿¿DX user¿¿¿¿reviewing skills¿¿¿
ï£ïð¢Ø²¶ºÞæßÜÆ
Give a man fire and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he is
warm for the rest of his life-so be set on fire for JESUS CHRIST!!!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=unicrankflipMy Youtube Account
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cool-bananas

CKCrowe wrote:
Yea great point theres always something good about threads, like the
CKCrowe isnt alloud thread, unicyclists are becoming more like skaters
with the cussing, the vulgure images in this website, you could no
longer call this a family forum because of how messed up it is.

What vulgare images? (the koxx girl is not vulgare).
How is the forums messed up?

I just think that there are more threads that are either

a) already been discussed
or
b) pointless, eg: whats easier, a crankflip or unispin, who cares just
practice them both and learn both

There really needs to be a sticky in each forum saying before posting a
new thread use the SEARCH BUTTON

--
cool-bananas

Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will
still be ugly.
-Winston Churchill -
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 08:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

i think it can be called a family forum... look at a BMX forum, a
skating forum, any forum on myspace(cept religious) and ou will see
much much worse. there is a cussword in 1 out of 5-10 threads. You read
a lot ck crowe, cusswords still stick out to you... that is a good
thing as far as how good the forums are.

the thing i find interesting is that as more unicyclists come into the
sport, the less willing they are to figure things out for themselves,
and how stupid of questions they ask us. how do i cut my seatpost? ...
with something that will cut a round peice of metal... how do i put my
uni on the stand? how can you ride it and not know how to put it on a
stand. WHY DO MY PEDALS UNSCREW? your wheel is on backwards. why am i
an idiot? i don't know get a life!

Old August 19th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

skrobo wrote:

the thing i find interesting is that as more unicyclists come into the
sport, the less willing they are to figure things out for themselves,
and how stupid of questions they ask us. how do i cut my seatpost? ...
with something that will cut a round peice of metal... how do i put my
uni on the stand? how can you ride it and not know how to put it on a
stand. WHY DO MY PEDALS UNSCREW? your wheel is on backwards. why am i
an idiot? i don't know get a life!

Maybe they're just glad to find a useful resource like unicyclist.com
early on in the learning process. I usually just ignore the threads I
don't find interesting, and then they leave me alone.

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

CKCrowe wrote:
Yea great point theres always something good about threads, like the
CKCrowe isnt alloud thread, unicyclists are becoming more like skaters
with the cussing, the vulgure images in this website, you could no
longer call this a family forum because of how messed up it is.

whats vulgar about this forum?

there is a little cussing - there is a little cussing in real life...

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com