Somebody mail the Page Family a copy of the U.S. Constitution

Old December 29th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

Default Somebody mail the Page Family a copy of the U.S. Constitution

Paul G. wrote:
On Dec 28, 8:30 pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
"Paul G." wrote:

On Dec 27, 11:44 pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
"Paul G." wrote:
On Dec 27, 10:44 pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
"Paul G." wrote:
On Dec 26, 4:59 pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Dec 26, 4:28 pm, "Paul G." wrote:
On Dec 26, 3:16 pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Dec 26, 2:48 pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Dec 26, 9:43 am, "Paul G." wrote:
On Dec 26, 8:32 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
"Paul G." wrote:
Here's the video:
http://cyclofile.com/
So you think it's a complete coincidence that the only people assaulted by
McAninch just so happen to be related to Page? If McAninch were the true
aggressor how come the only people he fought with happened to be related to the
Excuse Maker himself?
The video clearly shows a lot of people listening to the interview,
which is interrupted by a drunken lout bellowing insults and
obscenities. What's not shown is Page's relatives telling the drunk to
shut up. That's within THEIR rights. Got that?
snip
Dumbass -
That is correct, but then they put their hands on him.
Even so, if they had any real perspective, they wouldn't even tell him
to shut up. They should be happy that someone cares. As Dale Earnhardt
used to tell Jeff Gordon, "If they're booing you, it means you're
doing your job".
thanks,
K. Gringioni.
Who put their hands on whom first?
Dumbass -
Supposedly the Pageinlaw put his hands on the heckler's shoulders,
then the heckler tried to push him off and it was on.
Allegedly. Who knows what really happened?
Yeah- that's what the drunk guy, McAnus claims happened. Only a
monkey would accept the word of a drunk without question.
Dumbass -
He offered to pay for his share which is more than the other side is
doing.
It take two to have a fight.
You obviously didn't see the video. Suppose I'm drunk and shove you
onto a bunch of bikes. And then I suggest that you're half at fault
because it takes two to have a fight, and therefore you should pay
half the damages.
It is a fight. In a fight everything is a weapon.
Who says McAnich demands the other side pony up?
It's in there somewhere. The bike owner wants to be compensated,
McAnus has already said he'll pay 1/3. I'd say that shows
consciousness of guilt.
Or a sense of responsibility without guilt.
No support for the assertion that he says others should pony up.
Do I have to spoon feed you? VeloNews: "At least one of the
participants, Cale McAninch, says he's willing to pay his share of the
damages."
""I'm not accepting all the blame for this, but I was a third of it,"
he said."

I say there is a difference between acknowledging a portion of
the fiscal responsibility, and saying somebody else should do the same.

--
Michael Press

It's out there somewhere. I couldn't find the exact quote again, but
that is what he means about accepting 1/3 of the blame. Notice he's
not accepting half of the blame, he's so concerned about what it's
going to cost that he's admitting that it was 2 against 1.
-Paul

I wasn't sure how to read that. As far as I can tell, there were three
other people involved in the shoving/wrestling: Heckler #2, Cori Page,
and Cori's brother. It's not clear who McAninch is considering the other
two people to be.
Old December 29th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

"Paul G." wrote:

On Dec 29, 12:28Ýpm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
"Paul G." wrote:
On Dec 28, 9:29?pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
"Paul G." wrote:
On Dec 28, 7:32?pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

The legal threshold to justify an act of self defense is reasonable perception
that you will be assaulted. ?When Page's brother in law came up to the
heckler, he believed it was to start a fight. ?So he defended himself. ?It was
a defensive act when viewed in context.

That's a lie, and you're a liar. The video is clear. McAnus wasn't
defending himself, he was attacking and pursuing Book. And the pee-
stained coward McAnus had help, two against one. ?Only another pussy
would take McAnus's side in this.

-Paul

The video is incomplete and the confrontation started off camera. ?Wade Book
confronted Cale McAninch. ?That was 99% of how the fight started right there.

Nonsense. McAnus was drunk and disorderly. That was 99% of how the
fight started right there.
-Paul

Oh really - then how come none of the other fans besides those from the Manson Family
got into a fight over it? ÝIf the Page family never came to nationals there would have
been no fight. ÝCale McAninch is a racer and probably does this at all the events he
goes to.

I wonder how the sponsors of McAnus's team feel about all this? He's
also said to be a school teacher. I wonder how the school board knows
about his antics. He may not be doing much racing any more.
-Paul

You are not lucid.

Let's take the team sponsor. What exactly did McAninch do? He's gonna say he was accosted
by the Manson Family members and defended himself.

Second, what can the school do to him? He wasn't charged with anything. So there's
nothing to admit or deny. The conduct - conduct that was arguably nothing but self-defense
- was not illegal and did not occur on school property.

Page, on the other hand, will have to answer to the authorities as to why he missed his
anti-doping control. Whereas McAninch will not miss a single day of work. Page will
likely lose his career over this. Like I said, the Page family should have been minding
their own ****ing business instead of worrying about a harmless heckler.

Take care,

Magilla

Old December 29th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

"Paul G." wrote:

"Paul G." wrote:
[...]

got into a fight over it? *If the Page family never came to nationals there would have
been no fight. *Cale McAninch is a racer and probably does this at all the events he
goes to.

I wonder how the sponsors of McAnus's team feel about all this? He's
also said to be a school teacher. I wonder how the school board knows
about his antics. He may not be doing much racing any more.
-Paul

Do you think school boards have apolicy that says "we can suspend tenured teachers for
'antics'" - whatever the **** that means? Unless the conduct is criminal and he was
charged, there is NOTHING the school board can do.

Do you think the school board sits around and reads the Velonews article and then comes to
s defitivie conclusion about it? McAninch wouldn't even have to answer toa school board
inquiry since it has nothing to do with the school.

You people are so retarded on how you think school boards operate.

Please, just go to college and get a clue.

Magilla

Old December 29th 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Dec 29, 3:42*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Funny, I didn't see any security telling the hecklers on any of those YouTube
clips to stop, and the heckling on all those videos was far worse than what Page
endured at nationals. *You need to go to college and start paying attention to
facts and logic.

This was a very sloppy post on your part. *I suggest you clean up your act or
pack your bags.

Thanks,

Magilla- Hide quoted text -

Not my job, or even possible to correct your ignorance. Do some
searches for things like NFL, mlb. etc..., cracking down on fans.
You should at least have SOME verifiable, objective content to your
rants, not just cherry picking lame ass videos from screw-tube.
This whole thread has been full of weak **** from you, and you and
Page are starting to rival Lance and Lafferty.
Bill C
Old December 30th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Bill C wrote:

[...]

You need to go to college, and then come back in here and post. Because quite
frankly you make no sense.

What are you trying to tell everyone with this post - that hecklers are being kicked
out of games? You could go to a basketball game tomorrow and find 500 hecklers, none
of whom would be kicked out.

You make it sound like thousands of fans are getting kicked out of professional
sporting events and hauled off to jail every day. Nothing could be further from the
truth. Owners love any fan who pay for their ticket. Owners and leagues would
likely fine their players for antagonizing or even reacting to taunts or heckling
from fans.

Do you think by calling YouTube "screw-tube" you somehow are refuting the content in
dozens of clips that show that taunting professional athletes is fair game, expected,
and hardly unusual?

I am 100% confident if your son espoused a different viewpoint than you, you would
punch him in the nose. Even if he were only 12 years old.

Magilla

Old December 30th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Dec 29, 7:11*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

I am 100% confident if your son espoused a different viewpoint than you, you would
punch him in the nose. *Even if he were only 12 years old.

Magilla- Hide quoted text -

Once again you couldn't be more wrong, and choose to act like an
ignorant idiot since you aren't by a long shot.
I'm probably one of the most militant about protecting people's right
to speak. Screaming someone down is denying their right to speak. Mc
idiot could've mouthed off a bit, got noticed, allowed Page to finish,
then provided his take on Page to the interviewer, thus allowing both
free speech.
Publicly funded Universities are public property, just like that park
you're talking about. They lease the venue to the event for the
duration, and the folks running the event are responsible for what
happens.
You ever organized a public event? We do in a small way, and I get to
watch some of the best organizers in cycling here in the US do events,
from the inside, so I have a clue about the negotiations with the
venues, towns, Atates, etc...
You don't seem to.
Here's a piece that, serendipitiously, happened to be up today about
someone I really admire and respect for how he's gone about raising
hell for freedom of speech, along with non-conformity:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/...7/7445011.html

Here's a quote I love:

"We gave them what they wanted," Legend says with glee. "I was good
friends with the projectionist, so we decided to pull a trick where we
interjected scenes from [a hardcore film called] Teenage Fantasies
during certain scenes of Deep Throat." Of course, no one knew what
Legend was doing, since he was able to cut between both films almost
seamlessly. Needless to say, those scenes from Teenage Fantasies made
the Deep Throat scenes seem like The Little Mermaid.

The self-appointed censors of the town were thoroughly disgusted by
what they had seen. At a town council meeting soon after the
screening, the leaders of this group stood up and gave speeches full
of fire and brimstone, calling for it to be banned, and the theatre to
be shut down and razed. "The head pastor in the town later spoke up at
a town meeting, with tears in his eyes, saying it was the most
horrible thing he had ever seen, and definitely the work of the devil.
He started describing the scenes, and quoting the explicit dialogue
verbatim," Legend says, while imitating the voice of the religious
zealot.

Legend's brilliance then reveals itself: the head pastor's veracity
was called into question because he was describing a film that wasn't
Deep Throat. An unlikely source came to the rescue of the film after
the pastor's peroration.

"One of the town's top policeman, who loved and knew his porn, stood
up and laughed, saying to him, 'You went and saw the wrong film,
pastor. That's Teenage Fantasies," Legend laughs. "The pastor then was
so humiliated and sat down, like a broken man. The screening of Deep
Throat went on as planned after that," and Carolina Beach's self-
appointed censors never bothered that theatre again while Legend was
there.

Being a loudmouthed, disruptive, drunken asshole isn't heroic. They
handled it badly and the Organizers failed miserably resulting in tons
of bad press, bad feelings, coming soon legal challenges.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/fan_code.html

selected quotes:

Guests will enjoy the basketball experience free from disruptive
behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be
handled in a prompt and safe manner.

Guests who choose not to adhere to these provisions will be subject to
ejection without refund and revocation of season tickets and may also
be in violation of city ordinances resulting in possible arrest and
prosecution.

This is pretty typical, but hey MB is right, not the primary source
material.
Bill C
Old December 30th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

"Paul G." wrote:
[...]

If you watch the video you'll see that three people are involved in
actually falling on/trampling the bikes. Cori Page isn't one of them.
The VeloNews article says Heckler #2 was "McAninch's Boston Mountain
Cyclist teammate Jim Farasy".

For the record, the video shows McAnus shoving/throwing Book onto the
bikes. Book ends up lying on his back. McAnus, being drunk, looses his
balance and falls, sprawling on the bikes. He gets up and jumps on
Book again, and Farasy comes in from the side and joins McAnus in
assaulting Book.

So it makes no sense that Cori Page would be considered one of the
three people who damaged the bikes when she didn't touch them and 3
other people did.

Only pussies fight two against one, and only other pussies side with
pussies.
-Paul

Old December 30th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Bill C wrote:

[...]

The venue is open to the public. The entire park is no "leased." The course is simply
closed to the public. The organizer doesn't get to say how fans can cheer. Show me
one (1) ****ing bike race where the promoter has kicked a single fan out. One.

If you were the director of the Tour de France would you drive up Alpe d'Huez and tell
the cops to arrest 750,000 drunks?

You need to calm the **** down.

Magilla

Old December 30th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

"Paul G." wrote:
[...]

There are plenty of pictures of McAnus's bizarre behavior that day,
and also the video showing him repeatedly assaulting Book. You're a
moron, but I can assure you that any unbiased person watching that
video can see that McAnus and his pal are assaulting Book, and there
is no way to construe their actions as defensive. Book is lying on his
back and they both attack him again. That is not defensive.

Second, what can the school do to him? *He wasn't charged with anything.. *So there's
nothing to admit or deny. *The conduct - conduct that was arguably nothing but self-defense
- was not illegal and did not occur on school property.

Well hell. Why just blather on about it? Let's just ask the main
sponsor of McAnus's team and the principle of McAnus's school, shall
we?

There's a teacher named Cale McAninch at Pershing Middle School, in
Springfield MO, which is where St Johns Cycling is located:
http://sps.k12.mo.us/pms/music-art.htm

With a couple of mouse clicks you too can send an email to Dr. Kim
Finch, the principle of the school. (WOW!!! She's HOT!)
http://sps.k12.mo.us/pms/images/dr_finch.jpg

I'm sure she'll enjoy reading the VeloNews articles and seeing the
pictures, cartoon, and video of McAnus drinking, prancing around half
naked, swilling beer and assaulting Book.

The main sponsor of St John's Cycling team is St John's Hospital.
http://www.stjohns.com/aboutus/sjh.aspx

Gee, it's a religious institution. I bet they just love being
associated with drunken brawling.

I suggest you help McAnus out by immediately contacting the principle
and hospital and explaining his actions. Just lay it out for them
the way you have here. I'm sure after watching the video of McAnus
assaulting Book your words will be all it takes to sway them to your
point of view:

"Like I said, the Page family should have been minding their own
****ing business instead of worrying about a harmless heckler."

Yeah, you're so... persuasive.
-Paul

Old December 30th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Paul G. schreef:
Well hell. Why just blather on about it? Let's just ask the main
sponsor of McAnus's team and the principle of McAnus's school, shall
we?

He was being a drunken asshole, there was some shoving and in the end
nothing much happened. You want him to lose his job over that?!