Daily musing 8/8/03

Old August 8th 03, 06:20 PM
Stephen Baker

Default Daily musing 8/8/03

Carla says:

When your husband spills a can of Finishline degreaser on a newly waxed
kitchen floor, give him a good smack upside the head.

And then put him down on hands and knees with a can of paste wax to repair the
damage.... (sorry, Jim)

Steve
Old August 8th 03, 09:11 PM
Kathleen

Carla A-G wrote:

When your husband spills a can of Finishline degreaser on a newly waxed
kitchen floor, give him a good smack upside the head.

Degreaser makes a good wax stripper.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Ah man...

Of course, I've done the same myself, or worse. Canned pineapple does
weird things to floor wax, too.

After this damned puppy is house broken, I intend to replace both my
so-called no-wax floor AND most of my carpet with ceramic tile. (I'm
holding off because I do intend to have islands of carpet for warmth and
noise control, and he's not only not *quite* house broken, he's still
randomly chewing things. One has to be practical about these things,
lest one find oneself hucking off the deep end. Think about this in
terms of thy dear husband....)

Kathleen

Old August 8th 03, 09:23 PM
MattB

"Kathleen" wrote in message
snip

Ah man...

Of course, I've done the same myself, or worse. Canned pineapple does
weird things to floor wax, too.

After this damned puppy is house broken, I intend to replace both my
so-called no-wax floor AND most of my carpet with ceramic tile. (I'm
holding off because I do intend to have islands of carpet for warmth and
noise control, and he's not only not *quite* house broken, he's still
randomly chewing things. One has to be practical about these things,
lest one find oneself hucking off the deep end. Think about this in
terms of thy dear husband....)

Kathleen

I know how that sort of thing goes. We have a new baby who isn't exactly
housebroken yet either (not even close). So we'll be using the same grungy
furniture for some years to come now. No use in getting anything nicer. It
would quickly be transformed into what we have now.

Matt

Old August 8th 03, 09:36 PM
Carla A-G

"MattB" wrote in message
I know how that sort of thing goes. We have a new baby who isn't exactly
housebroken yet either (not even close). So we'll be using the same grungy
furniture for some years to come now. No use in getting anything nicer. It
would quickly be transformed into what we have now.

There is a solution to your problem. Trade your baby in for a new titanium
bike. Perhaps they will be willing to take your baby off your hands:

http://www.insidetri.com/digest/articles/1471.0.html

:-)

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old August 8th 03, 09:36 PM
J'm Sm'th

Carla A-G wrote:
When your husband spills a can of Finishline degreaser on a newly waxed
kitchen floor, give him a good smack upside the head.

Degreaser makes a good wax stripper.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Ah, grasshopper, you learn the way of the cleaning chemist. Degreaser
*is* floor stripper in many cases, just a different label.

--
J'm Sm'th
To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes.

Old August 8th 03, 09:59 PM
MattB

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"MattB" wrote in message
I know how that sort of thing goes. We have a new baby who isn't exactly
housebroken yet either (not even close). So we'll be using the same

grungy
furniture for some years to come now. No use in getting anything nicer.

It
would quickly be transformed into what we have now.

There is a solution to your problem. Trade your baby in for a new titanium
bike. Perhaps they will be willing to take your baby off your hands:

http://www.insidetri.com/digest/articles/1471.0.html

We have used quite a bit of soap on the little guy, so maybe some Ti has
worked it way in. Or maybe there was some in some dirt he ate. Either way I
think we'll keep him.

I've grown pretty attached over the past few months, and I think he likes us
too. I'd hate to mess that up.

Matt (His first ski pass pictu http://mattb.net/images/alden-pass.jpg but
he won't be skiing for a few years)

Old August 9th 03, 01:42 AM
Cameron

"Carla A-G" wrote in message ...
When your husband spills a can of Finishline degreaser on a newly waxed
kitchen floor, give him a good smack upside the head.

Degreaser makes a good wax stripper.

And quite a few people think that bleach works for spot cleaning carpet. I
don't correct them very often, because I make have made alot of money
patching bleach spots. :-)

--
Cameron

Old August 9th 03, 01:46 AM
Slacker

And quite a few people think that bleach works for spot cleaning carpet. I
don't correct them very often, because I make have made alot of money
patching bleach spots. :-)

--
Cameron

Patching or dyeing? I got two big spots!
--
Slacker

Old August 9th 03, 01:39 PM
Taywood

wrote in message
I heard of cooking with Crisco but not with
Finishline. What was he doing with it in the kitchen anyway.

Now this really is wierd question for a mountain bike group.

Where else could you degrease a bike and have a ready supply
of water for tea brewing and to clean yourself up!
Mike

Old August 9th 03, 10:04 PM
Cameron

"Slacker" wrote in message ...
And quite a few people think that bleach works for spot cleaning carpet. I
don't correct them very often, because I make have made alot of money
patching bleach spots. :-)

--
Cameron

Patching or dyeing? I got two big spots!

Patching. I haven't dyed yet. But I suppose it's inevitable....

--
Cameron