Giant or Trek?

Old August 10th 03, 02:48 PM
Zilla

Default Giant or Trek?

"ronbo" wrote in message
om...
Gman wrote in message

On 9 Aug 2003 09:05:36 -0700, ronbo wrote:
Hi guys I'm new here.........so be gentle!
I'm looking at buying my 1st full-suspension mountain bike. I've
narrowed it down to the Trek Fuel 80 and the Giant NRS3. Both cost
the same at $900 and both have the same front fork (Rockshox Pilot
SL).
I'll be using it on logging roads some single track, etc. Nothing
radical.
I'm 6'5" and 220lbs.
Any thoughts? Thanks.

Ronbo, I'm also about the same size and (after
doing a bunch of research on the net) I was
disconcerted about the number of accounts I read
regarding the Trek's breaking.

If you ride mostly fire roads it might not be an
issue, but the more rough singletrack you plan to
hit, the more I would be concerned about
durability.

Haven't heard much about the Giant's durability.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I have also read about people having problems with Trek frames. It's
just hard to know how those guys are riding them. But I also thought
it might be an indication of quality that the Trek frame is American
made and guaranteed for life whereas the Giant frame is made in Taiwan
and only guaranteed for 5-years.

Ronbo

Better fit being first, this is the second reason I went with my Trek Fuel
90.
I do mostly XC, no big jumps, etc. I weigh 185 lbs. I'll check out the
NRS2's
again though if I get another bike.

-
- Zilla