Never hurt this much to go to the bathroom

Old November 10th 03, 04:54 AM
mkuhfahl

Default Never hurt this much to go to the bathroom

I drove up to Austin today to ride with AJ, Doug, Eric & Steve... it was
a great ride, we got in over 13 miles and there are really great areas
to ride up there! They have parks (many) and bike lanes... sweet....

I did have an interesting UPD less than half way through the ride
though... we were making a pit stop and when I tried to ride up from the
sidewalk to the grass, I think the wheel slipped and wham! I smacked me
knee on the ground... and, of course, I left my knee pads in the car..
so, there was quite a bit of blood... more from any other upd of mine
before... but also, there was a lovely bump on it too... appears to have
been liquid of some kind :-) AJ (at least I think it was him, I kinda
concerned with my knee at the time!) took pictures of it, so maybe he'll
be kind enough to post them. My knee is looking pretty good now
though.

Anyway, everyone was great... they were helpful with my knee... nice on
the ride, etc... hopefully I'll be able to do it again sometime... even
though it's 80 miles away...

--
mkuhfahl - Unicyclist
mkuhfahl's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4253

Old November 10th 03, 05:11 AM
S_Wallis

I'm glad you got to do some Cokering with the Austin guys. Too bad
about the knee owee, hope it isn't serious. You can skip the pictures
as far as I'm concerned, sounds gross. When will you learn that you
have to actually wear the safety gear? Did you do any off-road on the
Cokers while you were there?

Scott

--
S_Wallis - MUni motivated

"I am always doing that which I can not do,
in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso
S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520

Old November 10th 03, 04:25 PM
onefiftyfour

for a moment, i thought a UPD gave you a STD.

i'm glad your knee is doing well.

i guess we should've used a.j.'s bathroom.

-eric

--
onefiftyfour - Eric
onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495

Old November 11th 03, 01:37 AM
mkuhfahl

S_Wallis wrote:
*I'm glad you got to do some Cokering with the Austin guys. Too bad
about the knee owee, hope it isn't serious. You can skip the pictures
as far as I'm concerned, sounds gross. When will you learn that you
have to actually wear the safety gear? Did you do any off-road on the
Cokers while you were there?

Scott *

Yeah, I'm glad I did it too... It was a lot of fun. I'm trying to think
of where I could get some riding like that done down here though. I
don't think my knee is serious; my other leg actually hurts a hell of a
lot more because I was barely using my right leg after the UPD... hills
really killed my left leg after that...

And yes, safety gear... I know... I was actually thinking you were going
to be the first person to respond and that is what you would say :-)
I'll wear knee pads the next time I go up there!

We didn't really do any real off-roading... plenty of very steep hills
though... How is YOUR knee coming along?

Old November 11th 03, 01:40 AM
mkuhfahl

onefiftyfour wrote:
*for a moment, i thought a UPD gave you a STD.

i'm glad your knee is doing well.

i guess we should've used a.j.'s bathroom.

-eric *

There is sooo much I could say about that STD thing, that I think I'll
just leave it alone!

We didn't have to use his bathroom though... I should have just been
more careful.

Old November 11th 03, 03:13 AM
Krashin'Kenny

Hey Matt,
I guess now you can join SAWUR (San Antonio's Wounded Uni Riders)
We'll have our first meeting to start our rehab in a few weeks

You're more than welcome to borrow my 661 4x4 knee/shin and
elbow/forearm guards if you think that they won't be too large
Hope your boo-boo heals up quickly!!!!!!!

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420