Record profit for Oil corp.

Old July 31st 05, 07:24 PM

Default Record profit for Oil corp.

ExxonMobile made over $7billion profit past months.
And every big firm made that kind of profit.
These days thanks to the 9/11, war in Iraq and Bush, the price
of oil never going down. The very best time for oil corporation.
Every cent they made is for them, not for American people.
ExxonMobile is not American corporation. It's global corporation.
They belong to the world. They don't belong to America. Therefore,
their profit is their not Americans. Mostly they made the profit
from American. Simply Americans die off if there is no oil.
However, there will be no oil and the oil corp will continue
to breaking out the old record profit the car addicted American
consumer can't stop driving. They drive. They don't walk.
They don't ride a bike. They get fat. Then They die with fat-related
disease. This is for every American who own cars.
Does Lance Armstrong has any meaning on this? NONE.

There is way to stop making hugh profit for ExxonMobile only if
American people take responsibility which is bike for commute.
American people can ride a bike like Dutch euoprean bikers only if
they have will to trade off their car. But that's unrealistic and
fairtale story for car addicted fat American people. This is every
damn American white or black. They all drive car. They all
want SUV.

Old July 31st 05, 08:55 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

There is way to stop making hugh profit for ExxonMobile only if
American people take responsibility which is bike for commute.
American people can ride a bike like Dutch euoprean bikers only if
they have will to trade off their car. But that's unrealistic and
fairtale story for car addicted fat American people. This is every
damn American white or black. They all drive car. They all
want SUV.

SUV sales are down in the US, but way up in China.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old July 31st 05, 11:37 PM
Mike Kruger

"Bill Sornson"
wrote in message

ExxonMobile made over $7billion profit past months.

Good thing I just bought some stock then!

I did OK with BP and Shell
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=BP&t=2y
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=RDS-B&t=2y
which I bought just before the Iraq war started.

Do I feel guilty? No. I vehemently oppose the war, but once it
was clear GW was hell bent for going in, I might as well
improve my retirement fund. Why should I let the Republicans
make all the money?

--
Mike Kruger
The fact that our neighbors are worse off does not make us

Old August 1st 05, 01:44 AM
Bill Sornson

Mike Kruger wrote:
"Bill Sornson"
wrote in message

ExxonMobile made over $7billion profit past months.

Good thing I just bought some stock then!

I did OK with BP and Shell
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=BP&t=2y
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=RDS-B&t=2y
which I bought just before the Iraq war started.

If those charts would have been demonstrably different if not for the war,
then you'd have a point AND some profits.

Old August 1st 05, 02:16 AM
y2k2tj

Rising crude oil prices cut into oil company's profits as they attempt to
raise prices without causing a shift in quantity demanded.

Increased demand from expanding power hungry countries such as China is what
increases their profits.

oups.com...

Old August 1st 05, 03:14 AM
Mike Kruger

"Bill Sornson"
wrote in message
Mike Kruger wrote:
"Bill Sornson"
wrote in message

ExxonMobile made over $7billion profit past months.

Good thing I just bought some stock then!

I did OK with BP and Shell
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=BP&t=2y
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=RDS-B&t=2y
which I bought just before the Iraq war started.

If those charts would have been demonstrably different if

not for the war,
then you'd have a point AND some profits.

Yeah, no control group (a parallel universe with no Iraq war).
So nothing can be proven.
But it's suggestive to look at the 5 year graphs for these
same companies:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=BP&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=RDS-...=on&z=m&q=l&c=
They were trending downward before the Iraq war, and have been
on an upward curve since.

Is it ONLY the Iraq War, or am I even correct? As I said, I
can't prove anything. You can make a good case that booming
Asian economies that demand more oil are the long-term
culprit, combined with the weakness of the dollar relative to
other currencies (these are dollar share prices of foreign
companies), and natural resource stocks are historically
cyclical. But, then, you can argue that the dollar's weakness
is due to our large deficits due to our heavy military
expenditures. It's all complex.

Even if I can't prove the point, I'm keeping the profits
though (as long as I sell at the right time).

Old August 1st 05, 03:27 AM
Mike Kruger

"y2k2tj" wrote in message
Rising crude oil prices cut into oil company's profits as

they attempt to
raise prices without causing a shift in quantity demanded.

1. I think you will find the historical record indicates that
large oil companies like BP, Shell, etc. make out very well
during times of high oil prices.
2. Why the hell would they want to avoid causing a shift in
the quantity demanded? They want to maximize profits. That's
capitalism 101. Remember, if they can make $1 billion selling
more oil, or $1 billion selling less oil, they'd rather make
it selling less oil because then they use up less of their
reserves and can make more money later.
3. The only case in which this is NOT true is if the high
prices led to the development of substitutes. I think the
general failure of substitutes to emerge during the 1970's
price rises has taken a lot of that fear out of the system.
I'm still waiting for that hydrogen car, or natural gas car,
the solar car, the fuel cell car, the electric car powered by
clean nuclear plants, or ... Hybrids are really a
conservation device -- they are still using gasoline, just
using less. On balance, conservation leaves the oil economy
intact. As long as the basic uses of oil remain the same, they
are sitting pretty, for as you note: