King Cage - Bottle Cage Failures

Old March 6th 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Jym Dyer

Default Bizarre Nonsense!!! (was: King Cage - Bottle Cage Failures)

SMS a.k.a. Steven M. Scharf:

I have Jim in my kill-file so I don't have to read his
bizarre nonsense except in follow-ups by others pointing
out his mistakes ...

=v= One has to wonder how somebody who can't even spell my name,
and thus my email address, could have me in a killfile. At any
rate I find this particularly hilarious since, just yesterday,
the "bizarre nonsense" he supposedly killfiled me over scored a
milestone victory.

=v= Bicyclists are a healthy chunk of the ridership of Caltrain,
the commuter rail between San Francisco and San Jose, but last
year it ran into big problems because its staff didn't plan for
increased demand from intermodal commuters, and were actually
trying to *discourage* us. Bike activists put together a plan
of our own, which you can find he

http://www.sfbike.org/?caltrain_bob

=v= SMS weighed in on the issue with ideas matching those of
the Caltrain staff. He expressed these in his usual imperious,
pronouncement-from-upon-high style, and he trashed the plan
that we'd put together (without, apparently, having read it).
I disagreed with his assertions, which fell short of the facts
in some way, and asked him to provide a shred of substantiation
for what he was writing. He says he killfiled me at that point.

=v= Regardless of how SMS thinks it should have been done, the
activists have been victorious. Caltrain is now adding another
bike-carrying car to high-demand lines, and is committed to
doing so on a consistent and published basis.
_Jym_

P.S.: Hey, it's fun to be a know-it-all and provide useful
info to people, but there are nicer ways to do it than, "I am
SMS, great and powerful. Pay no attention to that man behind
that killfile." Holding oneself up as The Authority and
ignoring those who think otherwise (I'm not the only lesser
being alleged to be in his killfile) is not the way to go.
Larding that authority by bragging that one's website is
Google's top hit for the phrase in its title is, as I said,
just obnoxious.

Bottle Cage Clamps Bill the Cat Australia 11 April 9th 08 12:27 AM
Vintage campagnolo water bottle with the bottle cage- $10.00 [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 1st 08 12:17 AM
FA: Campy Record carbon bottle cage w/bottle, new jodi Marketplace 0 October 17th 05 12:03 AM
Giant OCR bottle cage Jon_H UK 2 July 18th 05 02:56 PM
Bottle cage bolt Idris UK 11 December 5th 04 08:50 PM