Helm*t Covers - Recommendations?

Old February 28th 09, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Helm*t Covers - Recommendations?

On Feb 25, 9:40*pm, Steve Sr. wrote:
Hello,

Can any of you recommend a good helm*t cover (and where to get it). I
like to use one for cold weather riding and also if I get caught in
the *rain. Some of you Seattle folks should be able to speak from
experience! :-)

Thanks,

Steve

Cover yer hell-met with a cardboard box. Installation is easy. Open
box, put hell-met in, tape shut, put box in far corner of yer attic/
basement/garage/closet, go ride yer bike, enjoy rain, sleet, hail,
stones bouncing off yer melon the way Mom NaTure intended.
Old March 1st 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
news.suddenlink.net

"Steve Sr." wrote in message
Hello,

Can any of you recommend a good helm*t cover (and where to get it). I
like to use one for cold weather riding and also if I get caught in
the rain. Some of you Seattle folks should be able to speak from
experience! :-)

Thanks,

Steve

You need something that will help you be *noticed* by motorists and fit with
your visor.
The black ones most retailers offer work against you.

Louis Garneau Stopzone Helmet Cover
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?s...92&PID=1204522
If you cover your visor, you lose the adjustability of your visor to some
extent if your visor is adjustable. It makes more sense to work it around
where your visor attaches to the helmet.

Old March 4th 09, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Steve Sr.

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:12:54 -0500, "news.suddenlink.net"
wrote:

"Steve Sr." wrote in message
.. .
Hello,

Can any of you recommend a good helm*t cover (and where to get it). I
like to use one for cold weather riding and also if I get caught in
the rain. Some of you Seattle folks should be able to speak from
experience! :-)

Thanks,

Steve

You need something that will help you be *noticed* by motorists and fit with
your visor.
The black ones most retailers offer work against you.

Louis Garneau Stopzone Helmet Cover
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?s...92&PID=1204522
If you cover your visor, you lose the adjustability of your visor to some
extent if your visor is adjustable. It makes more sense to work it around
where your visor attaches to the helmet.

I like the color of this one (not being black like most). However, the
pictures don't show it on a helmet with a visor. I guess I'll have to
try and find one locally and try it.

Thanks,

Steve

Old March 8th 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
news.suddenlink.net

"Steve Sr." wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:12:54 -0500, "news.suddenlink.net"
wrote:

"Steve Sr." wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I use mine on a helmet with a visor. When I cover the visor, the visor will
not lower to get the sun/rain out of my eyes. The solution was to cover the
helmet but not the visor. The helmet cover will stretch around the side
mounting points for the visor.
This way I keep rain and cold wind off of my head but retain use of the
visor.
The yellow helps motorists notice me.