Winter

Old March 17th 09, 02:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default Winter

In article ,
Ed writes:
In article , Tom Keats
wrote:

In article ,
writes:
Tom Keats wrote:

Ice cold:

http://www.elanguages.org/files/42213

I don't (and will not) have PowerPoint, so I don't know what
you're saying.

That's too bad. This is a collection of pictures of the worst
recorded ice storm on lac Leman in a hundred years or more. These are
fascinating scenes with cars, fences, benches encrusted in massive ice
of water that was blown from the lake by a freezing storm.

Oh, an ice storm. The North American northeast had a severe
one about a decade ago...

Cite, I don't remember that.

I can't, because I'm so full of BS.

OTOH, waitaminit, here ya go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_A..._storm_of_1998

So I ~didn't~ dream/hallucinate it, after all.
Not entirely, anyway.

What else would you like me to look up for you?

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old March 17th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

On 17 Mar 2009 03:48:26 GMT, wrote:

Tom Keats wrote:

Ice cold:

http://www.elanguages.org/files/42213

I don't (and will not) have PowerPoint, so I don't know what
you're saying.

That's too bad. This is a collection of pictures of the worst
recorded ice storm on lac Leman in a hundred years or more.
These are fascinating scenes with cars, fences, benches encrusted
in massive ice of water that was blown from the lake by a
freezing storm.

Oh, an ice storm. The North American northeast had a severe
one about a decade ago...

Cite, I don't remember that.

I can't, because I'm so full of BS.

OTOH, waitaminit, here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_A..._storm_of_1998

So I ~didn't~ dream/hallucinate it, after all. Not entirely,
anyway.

What else would you like me to look up for you?

Some pictures like the ones in the URL:

http://www.elanguages.org/files/42213

The web site in Wiki has a bazillion links, none of which seem to show
the spectacular ice formations that occur with such events. Wiki goes
on and on about how meteorological events take place. How about a
link to some scenes?

Jobst Brandt

Dear Jobst,

Go to www.google.com

Click on the images option.

Type ice storm 1998 into the search field.

Click on the search images button.

See thousands and thousands of photos.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old March 17th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
writes:
Tom Keats wrote:

[...]

Su
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/o...28-5101-e.html

Googling on "ice storm 1998" will turn up all kinds of
other imagery as well.

The Great Ice Storm of 1998 took place more in Canada than
in the continental US, so I guess it's understandable that
so many USA'ans are unaware & ignorant of it.

cheers,
Tom

Old March 17th 09, 05:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Paul M. Hobson[_2_]

Tom Keats wrote:
Googling on "ice storm 1998" will turn up all kinds of
other imagery as well.

The Great Ice Storm of 1998 took place more in Canada than
in the continental US, so I guess it's understandable that
so many USA'ans are unaware & ignorant of it.

Uhhh, trees fell over in Peachtree City, GA because of that ice storm.
If you were on the east coast, you should know about it.

--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.
Old March 17th 09, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Ed[_7_]

In article , Tom Keats
wrote:

In article ,
writes:
Tom Keats wrote:

[...]

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/o...g?PHPSESSID=jp
61jdo3gn2n4mkd4eu6k3l157sos/002028-5101-e.html

Googling on "ice storm 1998" will turn up all kinds of
other imagery as well.

The Great Ice Storm of 1998 took place more in Canada than
in the continental US, so I guess it's understandable that
so many USA'ans are unaware & ignorant of it.

I don't remember it at all, and when I look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:19..._Storm_map.png I can
understand why.
Old March 18th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Ed writes:
In article , Tom Keats
wrote:

In article ,
writes:
Tom Keats wrote:

[...]

Yeah, like I said: it's understandable.

Americans are so understandable. That's why we like yez; yer
so predictable and relieving of the ardour of imagination.

Please keep that. It serves us well as we insidiously buy
your country. You can keep the auto mfg'rs, though.

Don't mind us Canajuns. We just live in igloos and learn
how to kill polar bears with a single punch in the face.

Toronto has some indoor plumbing. We Vancouverites
are jealous. All we have is really good marijuana
and seafood.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

Winter [email protected][_2_] Techniques 0 March 11th 09 04:07 PM
Winter jim beam[_3_] Techniques 4 March 10th 09 04:00 AM
Winter Uni? Eroick Unicycling 6 February 10th 06 03:03 AM
FA: Winter shoes, winter tights, Serfas saddle John Verheul Marketplace 0 January 4th 06 05:02 PM
Winter! Ron Wallenfang General 33 December 9th 05 09:44 PM