Don't smoke while bicycling

Old March 19th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

Default Don't smoke while bicycling

On Mar 17, 1:10*pm, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:
"landotter" wrote: * I'm quite familiar with landfill gas, having driven and

ridden by one in Chicago for years, but I'm just sayin' that it's a completely
different rate than an open compost pile due to the compaction.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^But you previously wrote: *"Nothing in a landfill decomposes at a

significant rate. Doesn't matter
if you throw a tupperware bowl in there or a hemp one, in a hundred
years, they'll both be squashed flat, but completely intact."

So, tell me. Where was this gas coming from?

From the decomposition, which is not at a significant rate. If it was
significant--landfill gas reclamation would be a heckuva lot more
popular.

You wanna play gotcha some more? Geez.
Old March 19th 09, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman[_2_]

"landotter" wrote: (clip) You wanna play gotcha some more? Geez.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was just defending my original statement. If you can't take it, don't
dish it out.

Old March 19th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Mar 18, 10:14*pm, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:
"landotter" wrote: (clip) You wanna play gotcha some more? Geez.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was just defending my original statement. *If you can't take it, don't
dish it out.

You weren't defending your statement of greeniness, just playing
internet gotcha. If you have evidence that sealed landfills decompose
at a decent rate, which they do not--please provide your empirical
evidence contradicting my assertion. As it stands, you're just coming
across ass a wiseass hippie. ;-)

For what it's worth--I'm a huge gargantuan fan of plastics. I have an
enormous collection which is near gigantic. None of them are
incorporated into my current pants.
Old March 20th 09, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
landotter writes:

For what it's worth--I'm a huge gargantuan fan of plastics. I have an
enormous collection which is near gigantic.

Take it all out to Highway 61.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Don't Smoke & Cycle Papa Tom Rides 2 March 13th 09 11:57 AM
smoke small change Mountain Biking 11 August 19th 05 09:11 PM
Gone in a puff of smoke psycholist Racing 7 April 19th 05 03:41 AM
OT, F1 in the smoke MartinM UK 11 July 8th 04 09:17 AM
more smoke, more fire (colorado) Monique Y. Herman Mountain Biking 23 November 2nd 03 05:16 AM