Is there a special tool for that?

Old October 2nd 16, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default Is there a special tool for that?

Compare ball end hex to straight cut
....buy any hex rod blanks at 1' ?
Old October 2nd 16, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 01 Oct 2016 10:55:40 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

You can also buy screwdriver bit extensions, which will work if you
have a 3/8" allen drive bit.
http://www.titan-us.com/default.aspx?page=item+detail&itemcode=16018
https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Tools-16018-Release-Extension/dp/B00132FUP4
About $16, but I suspect it will not have any more clearance than the
socket extensions.

This type is probably better:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pack-of-2-12-Magnetic-Bit-Extension-Holder-Quick-Change-1-4-Hex-Shank-/400920558053
I forgot that I have one in my cordless drill bag. Very useful.

That's something like what I had in mind.

Some strange notion told me there was one in my screwdriver bit set - but
there wasn't.

Eventually, I found a bit-set flexible drive, it might just reach with a
long allen bit on the end - and if the bolt isn't too
tight......................

In the end, I pulled the serviced forks apart to stick a pair of gaiters
on - the build has got as far as the handlebars on and choosing the bits to
clamp on them.

Old October 3rd 16, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 1:58:59 PM UTC-7, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:
Just serviced a set of spring forks - and forgot to fit gaiters while
putting back together.

Rather than take them apart again, I dug out a set of forks that already had
gaiters that are a snug fit on the tops of the sliders.

The 3/8" drive allen bit attachment in my socket set won't fit down the
stanchion tube like it did on the one I already serviced, also my long allen
keys aren't long enough.

Is there a "proper" tool?

Thanks.

I think you're a bunch of special tools.
Old October 3rd 16, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

wrote:
Just serviced a set of spring forks - and forgot to fit gaiters while
putting back together.

Rather than take them apart again, I dug out a set of forks that already
had
gaiters that are a snug fit on the tops of the sliders.

The 3/8" drive allen bit attachment in my socket set won't fit down the
stanchion tube like it did on the one I already serviced, also my long
allen
keys aren't long enough.

Is there a "proper" tool?

Thanks.

I think you're a bunch of special tools.

You need a bunch of special meds.................................

Old October 3rd 16, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

I think you're a bunch of special tools.

Yer all tools.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7Ha3VDbzE

*Some Special(s) kaka UK 0 December 21st 07 04:46 PM
MTB tool kit buying suggestions - ST-14 vs ST-21and general tool suggestions [email protected] General 6 October 8th 07 04:32 AM
OLN special on TdF tonight? [email protected] Racing 2 July 31st 06 12:05 AM
FS: Park Tool Brake Third Hand Tool, $5 shipped Rob Barnes Marketplace 1 June 11th 04 03:11 AM
Special cassette removal tool that doesn't need a chain whip? Slacker Mountain Biking 11 December 11th 03 04:37 AM