John Kerry: cyclist

Old March 29th 04, 04:26 PM
Harris

Default John Kerry: snowboarder

In rec.bicycles.tech Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

The Secret Service can't possibly look forward to protecting a guy like
Kerry. First, he's 6'3" isn't he? Hardly the type to blend into a crowd;
I'm sure they'd much prefer somebody 5'8.

Usually, the taller candidate usually wins:

Reagan over Carter
Clinton over Bush
Clinton over Dole
Gore over Bush...

Art Harris

Old March 29th 04, 09:07 PM
David Reuteler

Default John Kerry: cyclist

In rec.bicycles.tech Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
Werehatrack wrote:

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:08:18 GMT, "Ken [NY)" may
have said:

His method of getting greener is by marrying rich women.

A venerable practice which, sadly, is accessible to far too few.

Darn right! If I was president, I would create a program to make women
rich, and then get them lined up with eligible bachelors.

all that's been done already. go he http://www.sunvalley.com
--
david reuteler

Old March 29th 04, 11:36 PM
Tim McNamara

Default John Kerry: Frankenstein

John Kerry: Frankenstein vs Curious George W. Bush. The voters may
stay away in droves.
Old March 30th 04, 01:24 AM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.tech Tim McNamara wrote:

"RkFast" writes:

John Kerry: Frankenstein vs Curious George W. Bush. The voters may
stay away in droves.

may? if we're not lucky it'll be like the minnesota gubernatorial election
that landed us with jesse ventura. oh, boy. Humphrey vs. Coleman. who do
you suppose could sneak in as president?

gary coleman?
--
david reuteler

Old March 30th 04, 02:32 AM
Mitch Haley

"Q." wrote:

Don't forget one former president ran for office as a governor on a pro gun
platform, and then changed his tune when president.

Not to mention one current president.
BTW, Kerry has been an "avid participant" in every sport
imaginable, including hunting, for about a year now.
He just wants everybody to think he's "one of us".

Mitch.
Old March 30th 04, 03:42 AM
Kyle.B.H

"Q." LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com wrote in message
news
"Doug Taylor" wrote in message
http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/...nt.php?id=3655

Don't forget one former president ran for office as a governor on a pro

gun
platform, and then changed his tune when president.

I'd love it if we did have a pro-cycling president but I'll believe it

when
I see it. Too many favors to repay and too many ol' boys to appease ...

too many terrorists to kill....

I don't need my president thinking about cycling...

Old March 30th 04, 04:48 PM
JP

Tim McNamara wrote in message ...
"RkFast" writes:

John Kerry: Frankenstein vs Curious George W. Bush. The voters may
stay away in droves.

That assumes that the voters are unable to make a decision based on
anything more substantive than the physical appearance of the
candidates. Sadly, for a significant and likely decisive portion of
the electorate, that's about where we're at.

Besided, I object to referring to our President as Curious George. I
don't think he's curious about anything.

JP
Old March 30th 04, 06:04 PM
Appkiller

snip
Do you mean Victor F. or his pride and joy?

snip

I was thinking Skeletor (for those of you young enough for Thundarr
and the Barbarians).

App, who, despite Kerry's appearance, will vote against the
Bush/Cheney/Rove Triumvirate of Pure Evil again.
Old March 30th 04, 06:19 PM
ajames54

"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message news:B85ac.128138$1p.1747328@attbi_s54...
"Q." LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com wrote in message
news
"Doug Taylor" wrote in message
http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/...nt.php?id=3655

Don't forget one former president ran for office as a governor on a pro

gun
platform, and then changed his tune when president.

I'd love it if we did have a pro-cycling president but I'll believe it

when
I see it. Too many favors to repay and too many ol' boys to appease ...

too many terrorists to kill....

I don't need my president thinking about cycling...

Way to easy to comment here, so please award me the extra ponts for
keeping my mouth virtually shut.
Old March 31st 04, 05:09 AM
onefred

John Kerry: Frankenstein

I know what you mean and glad that someone else can see it. Kerry's too
aloof, and yes, it's disturbing. Another Presidential election year with
two very undesirable candidates. I keep wondering where Nader stands on the
issues. Oh well, that's politics -- not bicycles.

What's John Kerry riding? Gooserider General 42 May 20th 04 04:50 AM
John Kerry the cyclist! GS General 16 April 2nd 04 05:57 AM
The next president of the United States is a...cyclist Robert J. Matter General 291 March 19th 04 02:56 AM