need spring-energy-storage mechanism

Old June 11th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
SMS

Default need spring-energy-storage mechanism

Bill wrote:

snip

They should say "Quality homes built by Mexicans and built with the
lowest price everything.".

Again, who they're built by is immaterial.

It's true that the quality of materials being used these days is
abysmal. I'm not sure what's going on with the developer's effort to
allow CPVC pipe for drinking water; Schwarzenegger was pushing this at
the request of developers, but I'm not sure if it ever went through. The
OSB is bad enough.

OTOH, when I was getting my roof replaced, the roofing guy was telling
me that I could only use the lighter tiles to replace the wood shake
roof, as the regular tiles used in new construction were too heavy. So
the actual frame and roof of the new houses are stronger than the older
houses, even as the non-structural materials decline in quality.

What _has_ happened is that the illegal alien labor has made working as
a construction worker no longer a living wage job, except where the
developer is required to use only union workers.
Old June 11th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
Bill

SMS wrote:
Bill wrote:

snip

They should say "Quality homes built by Mexicans and built with the
lowest price everything.".

Again, who they're built by is immaterial.

It's true that the quality of materials being used these days is
abysmal. I'm not sure what's going on with the developer's effort to
allow CPVC pipe for drinking water; Schwarzenegger was pushing this at
the request of developers, but I'm not sure if it ever went through. The
OSB is bad enough.

OTOH, when I was getting my roof replaced, the roofing guy was telling
me that I could only use the lighter tiles to replace the wood shake
roof, as the regular tiles used in new construction were too heavy. So
the actual frame and roof of the new houses are stronger than the older
houses, even as the non-structural materials decline in quality.

They are all pre-fab and trucked in for maximum cheapness. The central
A/C units are at the absolute bottom or the legal EPA energy SEER
ratings and there is barely any insulation in the new homes. Since I
have watched this go from a field to an el-cheapo housing development,
starting around $290,000 for a 1,200 square foot house on a 60 by 80
foot piece of dirt, I know just how bad they are built. One day it
rained heavily on the bare wood rooftops and the next day they were
sealing in the water with the roofing paper. Those are not houses I
would buy even at half price.

What _has_ happened is that the illegal alien labor has made working as
a construction worker no longer a living wage job, except where the
developer is required to use only union workers.

Union workers, here. ROTFLMAO.
Wetback illegals, , mostly, and nobody that even speaks English.
The foreman is a bilingual Mexican so he can translate the developers
instructions to the crews. I hate even riding through there anymore
since they all have their truck radios on full blast with the doors open
playing the same Mexican music over and over and over......
Any and all American union workers have been displaced here.
Bill Baka