need spring-energy-storage mechanism

Old May 30th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
Moka Java

Default need spring-energy-storage mechanism

While you were siting on you fat pot smoking ass trolling to get other
people to create energy for you I bought 3 bicycles at Wal-Mart, hired a
bunch of Mexicans with back packs and scooped your franchise.

Now go get a job and stop wasting our time and get your fat pimply face
out'a your mom's refrigerator!

R "school's out for the summer" TF

wrote:
i think i need a spring energy-storage mechanism. Maybe a very large
wind-up clock motor?

the scenario is: a slightly-valuable commodity originates at the top
of a mountain. More or less a bushel at a time. there is an existing
paved road. the commodity fetches a price, but not enough to pay for
very much transport.

the concept is to use a cargo bicycle, maybe with trailer, to carry
the items down to the bottom of the mountain, "winding up the clock"
on the spring-storage.

at the bottom, the load is transferred to buyers. the now very-much-
lighter bicycle is to be driven UP the mountain, using the stored
energy.

Any cat which will catch the mice is fine with me. I'm just thinking
that anything involving electricity, hydraulic fluids, etc, will be
too involved, and losses throguh two conversions. Capacitor storage
might be feasible, if there's high quality ones being sold. The charge
doesn't need to held for long amounts of time. Down the hill, then
back up.

Ideally, this will be a ready-to-go or mostly ready-to-go
commercial item. I am rather mechanically/electrically handy. But
this is business, not pleasure. Time spent should be cost-effective.

Old May 30th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
Rich Grise

On Wed, 30 May 2007 08:07:13 -0700, me wrote:

Off a cliff your easiest way is a 50 lb bucket with a 60 lb
counter
weight all hanging on a single pulley. Fill bucket, it goes down,
weight comes up. Empty bucket, weight goes down, bucket comes up.
You can do something similar with a cable, a car, and a track. Other
than that, my bet would be on any of the existing regenerative braking
systems already in existence.

Instead of a counterweight, just use two buckets. Fill the top bucket,
release the brake, and the bucket descends, raising the other bucket.
Set the brake, empty the lower bucket while filling the upper bucket,
and so on.

But that depends on the characteristics of the road - is it straight?
Line-of-sight? Can you claim a lane for your cablecars?

I wonder what ever happened to the OP anyway?

Thanks,
Rich

Old May 30th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
Michael A. Terrell

MooseFET wrote:

On May 29, 9:32 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Don't forget to add enough cats to the load in the "Cat-A-Pult" to
make sure it lands right side up.

Tape buttered toast onto the cats back and it will spin up and fly
much straighter.

Well, at least till all the butter flys off.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old May 30th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
Jim Bianchi

On Wed, 30 May 2007 11:17:01 -0400, Moka Java wrote:
While you were siting on you fat pot smoking ass trolling to get other
people to create energy for you I bought 3 bicycles at Wal-Mart, hired a
bunch of Mexicans with back packs and scooped your franchise.

Yeah, but are the bezels water-proof?

--
jimbo "enquiring minds want to know" @sonic.net

Old May 30th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
me[_4_]

On May 30, 12:23 pm, Rich Grise wrote:
On Wed, 30 May 2007 08:07:13 -0700, me wrote:
Off a cliff your easiest way is a 50 lb bucket with a 60 lb
counter
weight all hanging on a single pulley. Fill bucket, it goes down,
weight comes up. Empty bucket, weight goes down, bucket comes up.
You can do something similar with a cable, a car, and a track. Other
than that, my bet would be on any of the existing regenerative braking
systems already in existence.

Instead of a counterweight, just use two buckets. Fill the top bucket,
release the brake, and the bucket descends, raising the other bucket.
Set the brake, empty the lower bucket while filling the upper bucket,
and so on.

But that depends on the characteristics of the road - is it straight?
Line-of-sight? Can you claim a lane for your cablecars?

Yes, there is more left out of this problem than left in.
It is also possible (especially on a vertical drop system) to
put several "buckets" on a rotating system and continually
fill and empty them as the "go by". Basically a solid mass
version of a "water wheel".

Old May 30th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
Rich Grise

On Wed, 30 May 2007 16:29:43 +0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
MooseFET wrote:
On May 29, 9:32 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"

Don't forget to add enough cats to the load in the "Cat-A-Pult" to
make sure it lands right side up.

Tape buttered toast onto the cats back and it will spin up and fly
much straighter.

Well, at least till all the butter flys off.

I'd pay $100.00 to see somebody tape a piece of buttered toast to the
back of a cat. ;-)

I'd have no problem covering the #100 - it'd win $10,000 on "America's
Stupidest Videos". ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Old May 30th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
Rich Grise

On Wed, 30 May 2007 11:58:49 -0700, me wrote:
[...]

Well, the OP did say a paved road uphill to the material, but didn't
say what material, how heavy a bushel is, is the road switchbacks, etc.,
etc., etc....

Thanks,
Rich

Old May 30th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
default

On Wed, 30 May 2007 20:49:02 GMT, Rich Grise wrote:

I'd pay $100.00 to see somebody tape a piece of buttered toast to the
back of a cat. ;-)

I'd have no problem covering the #100 - it'd win $10,000 on "America's
Stupidest Videos". ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

You'd lose, on both counts. I'd anaesthetize the cat.

Old May 31st 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
Fortitudo Dei

Start at the beginning. You have a weight on top of a mountain, how
do you get it down the mountain?

Funicular.

The famous Denniston Incline in New Zealand was a classic case of this
in action

http://tinyurl.com/2pxf3l
http://tinyurl.com/2gx6ph

Old May 31st 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,sci.physics,sci.engr.mech,sci.electronics.design,alt.horology
Fortitudo Dei

Start at the beginning. You have a weight on top of a mountain, how
do you get it down the mountain?

Funicular.

The famous Denniston Incline in New Zealand was a classic case of
putting this into action

http://tinyurl.com/2pxf3l
http://tinyurl.com/2gx6ph