USE YOUR DOOR MIRRORS

Old November 6th 16, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default USE YOUR DOOR MIRRORS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-survives.html
Old November 7th 16, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 06/11/2016 21:00, Alycidon wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-survives.html

In which of the counties or Scottish 'regions' is this place "Shanghai"?
Old November 7th 16, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default USE viable transport, especially when you are old and silly.

On 07/11/2016 00:30, JNugent wrote:
On 06/11/2016 21:00, Alycidon wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-survives.html

In which of the counties or Scottish 'regions' is this place "Shanghai"?

If the cyclist had been driving a car there would have been no injury.
If the cyclist had not ridden over a stop line there would have been no
injury.

Old November 7th 16, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 07.11.2016 20:38, MrCheerful wrote:

you are old and silly.

I feel absolutely honoured to be called old and silly by you. Especially
because it is YOU who said it.
We all know what you think of bicyclists.
I really feel complimented by that, because you said it.
After all I ride a bicycle, a very convenient delightful economical
viable means of transport, and we all know that you think bicyclists are
the ****witted pits of humanity.
I really feel complimented by that, because you said it.
Old November 7th 16, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 9:00:31 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-survives.html

Alternatively don't stop in the blind spot of a large vehicle with it's reversing lights on.

Old November 7th 16, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 7:38:56 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 07/11/2016 00:30, JNugent wrote:
On 06/11/2016 21:00, Alycidon wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-survives.html

In which of the counties or Scottish 'regions' is this place "Shanghai"?

If the cyclist had been driving a car there would have been no injury.
If the cyclist had not ridden over a stop line there would have been no
injury.

If all Shanghai cyclists drove cars the city would be permanently gridlocked.
Old November 7th 16, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 7 November 2016 17:58:13 UTC, wrote:
On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 9:00:31 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-survives.html

Alternatively don't stop in the blind spot of a large vehicle with its reversing lights on.

I wouldn't be able to hear the bleep with my Sennheiser IE800s in anyway.

Old November 7th 16, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 7:18:41 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 7 November 2016 17:58:13 UTC, wrote:
On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 9:00:31 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-survives.html

Alternatively don't stop in the blind spot of a large vehicle with its reversing lights on.

I wouldn't be able to hear the bleep with my Sennheiser IE800s in anyway.

So you would use your eyes and your brain.
Even without the reversing lights it was obvious the driver intended to reverse into the junction.
This was the cyclist's fault.
Old November 7th 16, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 7 November 2016 19:36:39 UTC, wrote:
On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 7:18:41 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 7 November 2016 17:58:13 UTC, wrote:
On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 9:00:31 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-survives.html

Alternatively don't stop in the blind spot of a large vehicle with its reversing lights on.

I wouldn't be able to hear the bleep with my Sennheiser IE800s in anyway.

So you would use your eyes and your brain.
Even without the reversing lights it was obvious the driver intended to reverse into the junction.
This was the cyclist's fault.

NOPE:

202
Look carefully before you start reversing. You should use all your mirrors

check the ‘blind spot’ behind you (the part of the road you cannot see easily in the mirrors)

check there are no pedestrians (particularly children), cyclists, other road users or obstructions in the road behind you.

QED.
Old November 7th 16, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 8:00:43 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
[...]

I am not familiar with 202 of the Shanghai road rules.
Can you provide a link?

When 2500 philanthropist bike 545 miles past your front door, do youopen the door? velo Rides 0 May 22nd 12 12:20 AM
Mirrors for Bromptons? [email protected] UK 10 August 26th 07 04:46 PM
Trucks & Mirrors Roos Eisma UK 6 June 8th 07 05:05 PM
Mirrors (again) ed Techniques 2 September 29th 04 06:59 PM
Sierra Club Goes Door-to-Door Now?!? Sorni Mountain Biking 9 September 5th 03 12:57 AM