Why Doping does Matter

Old August 17th 05, 06:32 PM
Bill C

Default Why Doping does Matter

It really doesn't matter what we inside the sport think, or for that
matter the general public thinks. What really matters to keeping the
sport afloat, at something other than industrial park amateur crits, is
what sponsors think. This sucks, but you can't claim to be surprised.:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J1DD211AB
This is from:
http://www.theage.com.au/ and I'll quote a bit since they have a
login.

Flyin' Ryan struggling to find major sponsor
By David Marsh

Double Olympic gold medal winner Ryan Bayley can't find a major sponsor
because of cycling's drug-tainted reputation that plunged the sport
into chaos before last year's Athens Olympic Games.

There's more but this sums up the story.
Bill C

Old August 17th 05, 06:50 PM
Bill C

Bill C wrote:
It really doesn't matter what we inside the sport think, or for that
matter the general public thinks. What really matters to keeping the
sport afloat, at something other than industrial park amateur crits, is
what sponsors think. This sucks, but you can't claim to be surprised.:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J1DD211AB
This is from:
http://www.theage.com.au/ and I'll quote a bit since they have a
login.

Flyin' Ryan struggling to find major sponsor
By David Marsh

Double Olympic gold medal winner Ryan Bayley can't find a major sponsor
because of cycling's drug-tainted reputation that plunged the sport
into chaos before last year's Athens Olympic Games.

There's more but this sums up the story.
Bill C

That's why I tossed up some of the story. I hate registrations that
ask for personal info.
Bill C

Old August 17th 05, 08:46 PM
B. Lafferty

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...
It really doesn't matter what we inside the sport think, or for that
matter the general public thinks. What really matters to keeping the
sport afloat, at something other than industrial park amateur crits, is
what sponsors think. This sucks, but you can't claim to be surprised.:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J1DD211AB
This is from:
http://www.theage.com.au/ and I'll quote a bit since they have a
login.

Flyin' Ryan struggling to find major sponsor
By David Marsh

Double Olympic gold medal winner Ryan Bayley can't find a major sponsor
because of cycling's drug-tainted reputation that plunged the sport
into chaos before last year's Athens Olympic Games.

There's more but this sums up the story.
Bill C

Total bull****. The peloton is 95%+ clean because Hein Verbruggen has told
us so. It's the few miscreants and all the false positives from poorly
designed and verified tests that's causing the problem. Doping is not a
major problem. Ask Lance Armstrong for a copy of his letter to Dick Pound.
That should clear up the issue for you. ;-)

Old August 17th 05, 11:07 PM
buckfush

http://www.bugmenot.com will save you from having to register at
many of these sites.

Old August 17th 05, 11:12 PM
Bill C

B. Lafferty wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

To be honest it really doesn't matter if anyone is doping or not as
long as the impression is that it's rampant, at least in terms of this
problem.
As for the other stuff Hein's a HEro! see:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...g05/aug17news2

Darshan Singh protests against UCI elections

Singh called Verbruggen's letter, "biased, unethical, undemocratic and
a breach in the conduct of a President. I have been in sports for 30
years and I have never seen something like this happening before. The
President is always neutral, and does not show his favouritism. In this
case, Mr. Verbruggen, the present President of UCI, has decided to
write a letter to all voting delegates and UCI Federation Presidents
(letter dated 8th July, 2005) to ask them to vote for Mr. Pat McQuaid.
It is absolutely bizarre."

A ringing endorsement if I ever heard one! There's more go read it and
support Jeff.
Bill C

Old August 17th 05, 11:56 PM
B. Lafferty

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

B. Lafferty wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

For the public perhaps not, but if you want to clean it up it matters
greatly.

As for the other stuff Hein's a HEro! see:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...g05/aug17news2

Darshan Singh protests against UCI elections

Singh called Verbruggen's letter, "biased, unethical, undemocratic and
a breach in the conduct of a President. I have been in sports for 30
years and I have never seen something like this happening before. The
President is always neutral, and does not show his favouritism. In this
case, Mr. Verbruggen, the present President of UCI, has decided to
write a letter to all voting delegates and UCI Federation Presidents
(letter dated 8th July, 2005) to ask them to vote for Mr. Pat McQuaid.
It is absolutely bizarre."

A ringing endorsement if I ever heard one! There's more go read it and
support Jeff.

And this is the guy who quietly accepted Armstrong's "anti-drug" money.

Bill C

Old August 18th 05, 12:06 AM
Philip Holman

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Everything is clear and a jack ass is only one "positive" short of a
good guess.

Phil H