Video: Queen Elizabeth Park

Old February 27th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phthoruth

Default Video: Queen Elizabeth Park

Queen Elizabeth Park, Vancouver
http://tinyurl.com/2827to
youtube version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw-szG-fIfI

Riding: Yggy, James, Jon, Frank

This weekend we explored a new park for us. Its an old quarry, so
there are boulders everywhere.
The parking lot has walls varying from 1 to 3 feet and a long skinny
curb about 3 inches wide.
Ponds and streams have bridges and rocks to hop.

Normally in the summer the park is crowded with weddings & tourists,
but the morning started with sleet, so we had the park to ourselves.

Nothing much, trick wise, but the video shows yet another great
location to ride.

Google Map
http://tinyurl.com/33bvyn

The band (DJ Champion) will be in Vancouver March 26
Crystal Method will be here March 22.

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11491

Old February 27th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cruisecontrol

hey when you guys get a dry patch over there in van id really like to
come over for a weekend and ride

justin kohse

--
cruisecontrol
cruisecontrol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10970

Old February 27th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vicuniclub

same here.... i need to get some filming of you guys done... just need
to wait for the snow to melt... and northshore to dry... maybe it would
be an idea to do some natural trials... wreck beach looks awesome....
and the combo of naked ladies and awesome lines.... who can complain!
cheers
bry

--
vicuniclub
vicuniclub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10052

Old February 28th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phthoruth

cruisecontrol wrote:
hey when you guys get a dry patch over there in van id really like to
come over for a weekend and ride

justin kohse

Waiting for a dry day in Vancouver is like saying a cold day in hell
:-)
But for sure, we want to see you soon. You should ride and I make the
video, cuz you're great riders and I'm better at making videos than
riding.

We havent done a ride at wreck beach. I'm sure its a good place to
ride, because we've done rides at other beaches and UBC trails.
Jericho beach has good logs, including one from Universe1 at 1 min into
this video
http://frank.vanuni.com/JerichoAug2006.wmv

The naked people scare me. Walking down the narrow steep trail, I
passed a naked guy that didnt give me alot of room. They dont usually
like cameras, and I'm not sure we'd want them in a video anyway. So
I'd suggest going on a cold/wet day... which is like a hot day in hell
:-)

Old February 28th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

cruisecontrol wrote:
hey when you guys get a dry patch over there in van id really like to
come over for a weekend and ride

justin kohse

wow you live in planet earth! I wana go there!

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

2 unispins landed!
don't follow Jesus, follow me!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old March 1st 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Erin

Nice filming and editing; a very attractive little clip.

--
Erin

GILD
"Would the old saying 'if it aint broke, don't fix it' ever be accepted
in our modern techological world?"
Erin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2036

Short video - Thunderbird Park trials... andrew_carter Unicycling 19 February 20th 06 11:41 AM
RR: Mercer County Park ~Video~ Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 1 July 4th 05 04:49 AM
Lyndale park video sabin_a. Unicycling 8 January 4th 05 03:22 AM
Video - more park trials... andrew_carter Unicycling 11 December 15th 04 08:04 PM
Ride report: Queen Elizabeth Country Park, Hampshire, UK mike.hinson Unicycling 2 April 1st 04 08:14 PM