NEW VIDEO: MUni-Geezers! (Three old farts shreddin' the rocky trail!)

Old February 26th 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default NEW VIDEO: MUni-Geezers! (Three old farts shreddin' the rocky trail!)

What a blast! Me, John (Vivalargo) and his friend Don (new to muni but
learning fast!) met up for a wild ride down "Devil's Slide" today, and
we really hit some good technical lines! It was also nice *not* to be
the oldest rider for a change!

John is an old master at this stuff and for me it was hard enough just
-trying- to match what he was doing! (It's scary to think our me and
John's ages total 104!!! Don was the "baby" of our group at just
42. Way to ride for your first time there Don!)

I went for a lot of stuff that I probably wouldn't have if John hadn't
been there rooting me on! And like John said in his write-up,[
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58385 ] this place is
FAR more challenging than what the camera can show, but we tried to
give you some of the best angles.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the video and thanks to the "Bibble" for the
song suggestions! Speaking of which...In the credits I mistakenly
switched the first song title with the group name ....just shows to go
ya I don't know much about today's music!
*
VIDEO LINK:* http://tinyurl.com/yujeog

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Old February 26th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
benjaug

Terry, that was AWESOME!

Those rocks were huge... really techy stuff, I see. You keep getting
better every video you make. Keep making more, I love watching them!

--
benjaug

'My wicked awesome gallery' (www.youtube.com/user/benjaug)
unidude3 (at) yahoo (dot) com
'POST 1,000' (http://tinyurl.com/yq6hbj)
'MRIS!!' (http://tinyurl.com/2zpk87)
benjaug's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11229

Old February 26th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
underdog

Nice work. That trail looks like it would be hard to walk let alone
muni. I can see myself doing that...in about a hundred years when I
gain better control over my hopping

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Old February 26th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

benjaug wrote:
Terry, that was AWESOME!

Those rocks were huge... really techy stuff, I see. You keep getting
better every video you make. Keep making more, I love watching them!

YEah but it's even more so in person! Fun as heck too! Also ankle
injury central!

underdog wrote:
Nice work. That trail looks like it would be hard to walk let alone
muni. I can see myself doing that...in about a hundred years when I
gain better control over my hopping

Nah you could ride there. There's lots of different sections of varying
difficulty. Jim and I just chose the more challenging parts.

Old February 26th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

Nice riding Terry and JL. Nice filming, though I'm sure the angle looks
tamer on vid than in person.

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

Check out my 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)

Old February 26th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Nice riding Terry and JL. Nice filming, though I'm sure the angle looks
tamer on vid than in person.

Another great one!

*Definately *the most challenging terrian in any of your vids

steveyo wrote:

Nice riding Terry and JL. Nice filming, though I'm sure the angle looks
tamer on vid than in person.

Yeah even in person sometimes. After I could consistently do curbs I was
riding down a steep street, I thought "I'll just ride off this curb,"
came up to it and all of a sudden I'm like "Whooo!" But it was fine
if I rode off it cauciusly though.

--
skilewis74

Old February 26th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle dave

Some really nice riding. I wish i was that good.
Nice steady camera

--
unicycle dave

unicycle for Christ
unicycle dave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10416

Old February 26th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

skilewis74 wrote:
Nice riding Terry and JL. Nice filming, though I'm sure the angle looks
tamer on vid than in person. Another great one!

*Definately *the most challenging terrian in any of your vids

Yeah even in person sometimes. After I could consistently do curbs I
was riding down a steep street, I thought "I'll just ride off this
curb," came up to it and all of a sudden I'm like "Whooo!" But it
was fine if I rode off it cauciusly though.

Yeah actually I've made a few other vids (posted here a while ago) from
that same place, but the riding wasn't as aggressive before, nor were
the camera angles as effective.

unicycle dave wrote:
Some really nice riding. I wish i was that good.
Nice steady camera

Thanks, yeah we tried our best to keep everything as steady as possible
this time around. And I'm sure you would do just fine on that trail!

* PS: Thanks to all those who have seen the video and commented. Please
post your comment if you haven't already, John and I would appreciate
it!*

Old February 27th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
abbabibble

yeah!
Evangeline (By Bad Religion) and Anarchy In the UK (PISTOLS!!! YEAH!)

good music because I picked it!

i really really really want to try that trail one day.
really really.

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.

maxcarriere wrote:
nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
body..

uni_jim wrote:
isn't [the superbowl] like a giant dip bowl in mexico filled with salsa
where everyone brings a bag of tostitos and digs in?

'BUY SOME SHIRTS, DAMMIT!' (http://www.zazzle.com/abbabibble)
*PANIC BUTTON--' '
(http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751