Plastic Deathgrip Handles?

Old February 26th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Default Plastic Deathgrip Handles?

maximus unius wrote:
Only if you have an even more expensive CF base

Yeah thats true. I already had mine...
If you are breaking seats and parts then it is still worth it.
Getting one strong but expensive seat is better than getting multiple
plastic ones. When I had a plastic seat I was able to pull on the
handle and fold it in half.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com

Im messing with it again!!!
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Old February 26th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

MY base is starting to flex a lot, maybe I should get a CF base once it
breaks. =p

But the only base I want would be the Scott Wallis base, so then id
need a Primo or Thompson post. lol

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Old February 26th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikeswarbrick

I used to break seatposts and seat bases like they were going out of
fashion.

I HIGHLY reccommend getting a similar set up to mine, it is strong and
quite cheap.

I have a UDC (Roger) CF base, KH handle and a CrMo seatpost. This is a
strong set up and I haven't broken the base, only snapped a few posts
and I think one handle. Definatly worth it.
Mike

--
Mikeswarbrick

'Thats a very large achievement, keep it up and women will think you're
compensating for something'
Mikeswarbrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14276

Old February 26th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
Yeah thats true. I already had mine...
If you are breaking seats and parts then it is still worth it.
Getting one strong but expensive seat is better than getting multiple
plastic ones. When I had a plastic seat I was able to pull on the
handle and fold it in half.

Yeah, mine folds about half of that, but pretty much all the power is
taken out of hops. I just do SIF for almost all of my riding, exept
when I'm doing skinnies. I think most of the reason it's so weak now is
that it fell about 5 feet and landed on the saddle. A miracle nothing
broke,but thats another story...

--
maximus unius
maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

Old February 26th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
abbabibble

i've been working on a plastic reeder-esque handle, and i'm sure a
deathgrip could come too...

(it's all still in the works, though.)

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.

maxcarriere wrote:
nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
body..

uni_jim wrote:
isn't [the superbowl] like a giant dip bowl in mexico filled with salsa
where everyone brings a bag of tostitos and digs in?

'BUY SOME SHIRTS, DAMMIT!' (http://www.zazzle.com/abbabibble)
*PANIC BUTTON--' '
(http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Old February 26th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni_jim

I'm happy with my KH handle, wouldn't exchange it.

--
uni_jim

Beware of the pixies!
uni_jim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13559

Old February 27th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian MacKenzie

you only find CF bases expensive until the very first time you use them

I imagine the same is true with the deathgrip handle

I think a plastic deathgrip would flex too much way before it broke off

--
Brian MacKenzie

DVDs now available from www.LBMmultimedia.com :
'NAUCC 2006' (http://tinyurl.com/lrvln)
'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR.wmv)
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old February 27th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

Mikeswarbrick wrote:
I used to break seatposts and seat bases like they were going out of
fashion.

I HIGHLY reccommend getting a similar set up to mine, it is strong and
quite cheap.

I have a UDC (Roger) CF base, KH handle and a CrMo seatpost. This is a
strong set up and I haven't broken the base, only snapped a few posts
and I think one handle. Definatly worth it.
Mike

+1

Even though you used gay orange text you're still right my boy, proud
of ya.

--
DustinSchaap

FOUNDER OF EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://WWW.EENWIEL.NL\")

Old February 27th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
koebwil

Mikeswarbrick wrote:
I used to break seatposts and seat bases like they were going out of
fashion.

I HIGHLY reccommend getting a similar set up to mine, it is strong and
quite cheap.

I have a UDC (Roger) CF base, KH handle and a CrMo seatpost. This is a
strong set up and I haven't broken the base, only snapped a few posts
and I think one handle. Definatly worth it.
Mike

I have the same set up and it rocks hardcore. Except I have a custom
seat cover that I made cause I'm so cool I can sew.

--
koebwil

"I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
'come to my gallery.' (http://tinyurl.com/qssag)
I'm on 'my space' (http://www.myspace.com/73602024) now too
koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

Old February 27th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jrdugueod

Strength is not the only benefit of CF, it is very stiff making hopping
easier.
This is my setup with custom additude cover by me:

|Filename: bb17.jpg |

jrdugueod

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!"
jrdugueod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12054