Little Rock AR rides?

Old August 19th 04, 04:15 AM
Dave Miller

Default Little Rock AR rides?

Any suggestions for a ride within 60 miles of Little Rock, or even an
inner city ride?
Old September 17th 04, 04:24 AM
whinds

In article , Dave Miller writes:

Any suggestions for a ride within 60 miles of Little Rock, or even an
inner city ride?

Take a look at this route: 270 West out of Hot Springs to just before Y city
then 71 North to Fort Smith. I know this is about a 260 mile loop but you could
cut it down to two easy day trips. Hot Springs to Y City is 68 miles and Y City
to Fort Smith is 62 miles. I shuttled a car through here on the way back to the
west coast in July this year. The road was pretty quite, very few cars, and
almost no trucks all the way. I saw deer and wild turkey along side the road.
On the way you pass lake Ouachita on your right on the way to Mount Ida. This
was a week day trip for me so the traffic may be different on the weekend. I
would go with you if I was there we could even have dinner at McClards BBQ in
Hot Springs, the best. My treat.:-)
Old September 20th 04, 06:52 AM
whinds

In article , Dave Miller writes:

Thanks for the tip. I'm on to different cities now but did find a
nice ride along the river. I hope to be coming back soon and I'll
drop you a line -

Is this a bike path along the Arkansas in Little Rock? How long is it?
Next time I'm there I'll look for it. TIA