Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all.

Old July 20th 18, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all.

"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064
Old July 20th 18, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

MrCheerful wrote:

"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

Of course, probably 100% of pedestrians do not have insurance. This is
hilarious, and what we've come to expect from an anti-cycling troll who
should be found and shot in the face. More complaints about cyclists not
doing something that they're not legally obliged to do.

'99% of drivers fail to wear odd socks!'

*pmsl*

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old July 20th 18, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 20/07/2018 07:20, MrCheerful wrote:

"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

QUOTE (caption):
There are 3 types of cyclist - ones that have come off their bikes, ones
that are currently coming off their bikes and ones that haven't come off
their bikes... yet
ENDQUOTE

Old July 20th 18, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 20/07/2018 07:20, MrCheerful wrote:

"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

QUOTE:
And it's not expensive, either. According to Money.co.uk, you can get
3rd part cover from just £1.55 a month - or £16.61 a year - as a cyclist.
ENDQUOTE

There's the problem right there.

Money.

As rich as all cyclists apparently are (they're all in the top 0.2% of
earners, you know), that sort of sum for insurance will be beyond almost
all of them.

Old July 20th 18, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:56:59 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 20/07/2018 07:20, MrCheerful wrote:

"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have
insurance and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle
riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...0000-risk-1294
3064

QUOTE:
And it's not expensive, either. According to Money.co.uk, you can get
3rd part cover from just £1.55 a month - or £16.61 a year - as a
cyclist. ENDQUOTE

There's the problem right there.

Money.

As rich as all cyclists apparently are (they're all in the top 0.2% of
earners, you know), that sort of sum for insurance will be beyond
almost all of them.

So car-drivers waste^wspend more. Well done them! (apart from the
environment, hassle to legitimate road users, and the affect on their own
obescity).

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old July 20th 18, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

Please cite one example of someone claiming fridge freezer insurance covers bicycle riding.

Old July 20th 18, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 20/07/18 07:20, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

"We" have never been told by anybody that rides a bike that fridge
freezer cover applies to riding a bicycle.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

Looks like Posford is getting some free advertising for his business.

The article gets confused between bicycle insurance (which I don't have)
and third party.

When it says "In Germany, it is compulsory for adults to have personal
liability cover”, we have to assume it is "compulsory for adults", as it
says, not something specific to riding bicycles. Hence not relevant. Of
course we could have a similar system to Germany - but that would mean
the non-cyclists here would have to have it for the 10 yards a year that
they walk.
Old July 21st 18, 03:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

"85% are not covered at all."

My innertubes are covered by Lloyds.

Old July 21st 18, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

We are all waiting for you to cite such a case.
Do you have one or are you mature enough to admit you are wrong?
Old July 21st 18, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

We are all waiting for you to cite such a case.
Do you have one or are you mature enough to admit you are wrong?

He is not 'wrong', because it was not a genuine claim. It was a troll.
And he should be dealt with the same as all trolls.