Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

Old May 26th 12, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

Default Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands

Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310

Enjoy

Old May 26th 12, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:
Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310

Enjoy

Should have pepper sprayed him.

University
Old May 26th 12, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 26/05/2012 10:09, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:

Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310
Enjoy

Should have pepper sprayed him.

There is nothing in that video to suggest that the arrest was made for "going
the wrong way".

It could just as easily have been a drugs arrest or an "assault police" and
nothing to do with the bike.
Old May 26th 12, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 26/05/2012 10:41, JNugent wrote:
On 26/05/2012 10:09, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:

Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310
Enjoy

Should have pepper sprayed him.

There is nothing in that video to suggest that the arrest was made for
"going the wrong way".

It could just as easily have been a drugs arrest or an "assault police"
and nothing to do with the bike.

The poster clearly has an agenda;
----------------------------
Police brutality in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This Italian tourist dared to cycle in the wrong direction, on his bike.
Apparently enough reason for Dutch authorities to roughen him up a bit...

Dutch police are well known to ignore true crimes, to prevent dangerous
situations for themselves. Instead, they mostly harass citizens for
speeding or minor offenses like this.

Being one of the smallest countries in the world, The Netherlands is
also known to have the lowest respect for privacy and the world's
highest number of phone taps by the government.

University
Old May 26th 12, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 26/05/2012 10:48, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
[...]

No, no, no... that's the blurb claimed by the person who posted the video.
That doesn't mean it's true.

None of it is supported by anything seen in the video.

AFAICS, it's just as likely that the arrest was for heroin-possession.

Who was the highly-vocal woman speaking English with a Spanish (or maybe
Latin American) accent?

Old May 26th 12, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Sat, 26 May 2012 10:09:20 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:
Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310

Enjoy

Should have pepper sprayed him.

Asaulting a policeman by pepper spraying him would be a far more
serious offence than cycling the wrong way down a one-way contra flow.
But I suppose you'd enjoy seeing a cycling in really serious trouble.
Old May 26th 12, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Sat, 26 May 2012 10:57:32 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

[...]

The commentary of the bystander is a first hand account.

AFAICS, it's just as likely that the arrest was for heroin-possession.

Who was the highly-vocal woman speaking English with a Spanish (or maybe
Latin American) accent?

While there is evidence to suggest that the cyclist was being arrested
for cycling contra flow on a one-way street, there is no evidence to
suggest it was a drugs arrest.
Old May 26th 12, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 26/05/2012 10:57, JNugent wrote:
[...]

That's what I said didn't I? "The poster"? Thats what I meant anyway.

Old May 26th 12, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:
Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310

Enjoy

Should have pepper sprayed him.

Asaulting a policeman by pepper spraying him would be a far more
serious offence than cycling the wrong way down a one-way contra flow.
But I suppose you'd enjoy seeing a cycling in really serious trouble.

The bike is a mere stage-setting prop in the drama.

That wasn't an arrest for going the wrong way.

Old May 26th 12, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

On 26/05/2012 09:47, Partac wrote:
Just thought I'd post this clip about the cyclist's paradise in the
Netherlands:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02a_1337971310

Enjoy

Should have pepper sprayed him.

Asaulting (sic) a policeman by pepper spraying him would be a far more
serious offence than cycling the wrong way down a one-way contra flow.
But I suppose you'd enjoy seeing a cycling in really serious trouble.

I'd rather see a 'cyclist' in really serious trouble.

Are you really a teacher?

University