Cannondale Force 40 Brake Set-Up

Old August 24th 17, 09:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Cannondale Force 40 Brake Set-Up

If you still need help.

http://www.vintagecannondale.com/can...ns.pdf?fref=gc

On Tuesday, May 24, 1994 at 1:42:26 PM UTC-7, James W Gourgoutis wrote:
In article (Donald S. Finan) writes:
Does anyone _really_ know how to properly set up the Cannondale Force 40
braking system? I have adjusted mine a number of times, and seem to get

Yeah, remove 'em! Personally, I hate those things. They seem to work
fine for a while, IF you get them perfectly adjusted, but then they become
a royal pain in the neck! From working in a shop, I can tell you that
it's bad enough having to build each Cannondale bike (I, for one, wasn't
really big on assemblies), but *then* you have to deal with setting up the
brakes!

Seriously, though, Cannondale puts out a pretty detailed instruction sheet
describing the brake set-up. You SHOULD have gotten one along with your
owner's manual. If you didn't, go back to your dealer (if you bought the
bike new) and beg for one. If that doesn't work, you could either call
Cannondale direct (I suppose) or email me with your mailing address and
I'll send you a photocopy of mine, if I can find it. 8-) It's rather
long-winded to go into here on the net.

Hope this helps!

Jim.
--
James Gourgoutis ] -- ,o "Why am I so late?
Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering -- -\, I couldn't decide

Old August 25th 17, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 4:57:50 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Don't you figure that after TWENTY_THREE YEARS that the person either figured it out or got rid of the bike? LOL

What's the record for resurrectng a Zombie Thread here?

Cheers
Old August 25th 17, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 18:21:39 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

[...]

On the other hand, twenty-three years gives even the slowest plenty of
time to figure out an answer :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old August 25th 17, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

(Donald S. Finan) writes:
[...]

I don't know. As slow as this thread is going you're liable to lose a lot of carbonation.
Old August 26th 17, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

It's going to go flat.
--
Andrew Chaplin

Sram Force Brake Blocks Drinky Techniques 6 July 12th 08 10:11 AM
Sram Force Brake Blocks Drinky UK 6 July 12th 08 10:11 AM
Cannondale Recalls 2007 Model Road Bicycles Due to Brake Failure Doc O'Leary General 11 February 14th 07 02:37 PM
FS: Cannondale 700c Wheels - Disc Brake Compatible jbiker Marketplace 0 January 1st 06 03:38 AM
FS: Cannondale F700 ("Fatty" head shock, disc brake, 17",) $399 Mark Marketplace 0 December 12th 04 05:28 AM