Lance's climbing style....?

Old August 6th 09, 09:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
hizark21

Default Lance's climbing style....?

When a climbing out of saddle there is more body weight to support.

It would have been interesting to see how Indurain would have done in
this years TDF if was at his peak. Indurain had the unique ability to
estimate har ahead he could let a rider go. Indurain probably knew his
form better than any rider in cycling's history.

On Jul 27, 5:27*pm, Tom Adams wrote:
On Jul 27, 12:27*am, hizark21 wrote:

After all these years I still cannot understand how Lance is able stay
out of the saddle for so long...? Usually only the pure climbers like
Pantani or Van Impe are able to do this. My guess is that Lance must
train out of saddle to build up his endurance.

I tried to research climbing out of the saddle. *I found no real
research on
it. *One site indicated that it involved different muscle groups,
those used
for standing. *You probably give some of the sitting climbing muscles
some
rest and recovery.

In a TDF stage, it would make sense to use new muscles in the last
climb after
sitting for 4 hours.

I bet he trains to increase endurance of the newly involved muscles
and coordination.

And, maybe there is some secret research out there on the benefits and
how to
optimize.

Old August 6th 09, 01:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
someone

On 6 Aug, 09:33, hizark21 wrote:
When a climbing out of saddle there is more body weight to support.

It would have been interesting to see how Indurain would have done in
this years TDF if was at his peak. Indurain had the unique ability to
estimate har ahead he could let a rider go. Indurain probably knew his
form better than any rider in cycling's history.

suggesting he didn't dope.