Had to bail out.

Old March 20th 04, 06:40 PM
Simon Mason

Default Had to bail out.

Rode to work at 1400 today with a stonking great back wind from the
west. Looking at xcweather, the wind is going to be head wind, gusting
up to 66 mph for the trip home at 2200, so I'm going to have to leave
the bike here and get a lift back. It is barely possible to walk into
it let alone ride. It's too dangerous.

Simon M
Old March 20th 04, 10:28 PM
MSeries

Simon Mason wrote:
Rode to work at 1400 today with a stonking great back wind from the
west. Looking at xcweather, the wind is going to be head wind, gusting
up to 66 mph for the trip home at 2200, so I'm going to have to leave
the bike here and get a lift back. It is barely possible to walk into
it let alone ride. It's too dangerous.

Simon M

Good decision, just saw a truck on its side on the M1 near Wakefield.

Old March 21st 04, 12:04 AM
David Nutter

In article , Simon Mason wrote:
Rode to work at 1400 today with a stonking great back wind from the
west. Looking at xcweather, the wind is going to be head wind, gusting
up to 66 mph for the trip home at 2200, so I'm going to have to leave
the bike here and get a lift back. It is barely possible to walk into
it let alone ride. It's too dangerous.

It was ludicrous here too (Lincolnshire). I went out just before lunchtime
and got maybe a mile and half before a solid gust from the side put me on
the wrong side of the road and wobbling all over the shop. Luckily nothing
was coming.

After that little eye opener I went straight back home and went shopping
instead.

Regards,

-david
Old March 21st 04, 09:28 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

It was ludicrous here too (Lincolnshire). I went out just before lunchtime
and got maybe a mile and half before a solid gust from the side put me on
the wrong side of the road and wobbling all over the shop. Luckily nothing
was coming.

After that little eye opener I went straight back home and went shopping
instead.

Today's 3-up time trial (CC breckland) was cancelled. A decision was taken
quite late last night betweent he event organiser and the District secretary.
This meant Vernon & I spending an age on the phone ringing the riders and club
secretaries to get the word out. We also turned up at the HQ this morning
just-in-case we missed anyone. As it is,only three turned up - two who didn't
pick up the messages left on their answerphones and one who didn't have a
mobile and didn't pick up the message left on his answerphone. All were okay
about it.The wind, whilst not as bad as yesterday has picked up this morning to
give some nasty gusts, so I think the correct decision was taken.

I'm now off back to bed ;-)

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune