Hammocks? Such as Hennesey? Opinion?

Old September 13th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Penny

Default Hammocks? Such as Hennesey? Opinion?

"PatTX" writes:

:::
::: Please re-read the thread. I merely posted a suggestion that he
::: re-post his question to the hiking newsgroup.
::
:: What you said was this (and I quote)
::
:: "I guess you are that dumb. After all, you're the one who posted a
:: camping item question on a bicycle newsgroup, not me"
::
:: It seems obvious enough what you meant.

Er, Penny, you took it out of context. How's about we put the entire context
back in:

Gee Pat ,, I sure wish I lived in Texas, where all the "smart" folks
:: live. But noooo,, I live in New England, and attended Harvard, where
:: all the stupid folks live..
::
:: Dumb as a Texas turd, I guess.

I guess you are that dumb. After all, you're the one who posted a camping
item question on a bicycle newsgroup, not me. I know you like living in the
Harvard after-glow, but evidently you didn't learn anything there....

Pat in TX

All I did was respond once again to his caustic criticism and snide remarks.
But, no more. Obviously, his macho has been hurt. He suggested that he was
dumb; I merely agreed.

Pat in TX

You need to learn how to quote properly. I have no idea who is saying
what anymore.
Old September 13th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Penny Farthing wrote:
"PatTX" writes:

:::
[...]

Bill Gates is at fault.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth
Old September 13th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Penny

Tom Sherman writes:

Penny Farthing wrote:
"PatTX" writes:

:::
[...]

Millions of other OE users manage it.
Old September 13th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Thomas, Spring Point Light wrote:
Was reading about the hammock as a camping tent. It looks good on the
net,
but is it really as good in the "woods"?

I am planning on a cross trip next spring.. Start in NH, go to Wash and
maybe beyond.

In the past, I have tried the trailer ..:: did not like it, way too
heavy. I pulled the thing
up hills, it chased me down hills, the extra weight of the trailer drove
me nuts,
on the on ..

Most of my touring has been with pup, pad, bag, and a flashlight.

Lighter the better ..

Combining a hammock with a bicycle is a bad idea:
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/costin/Monky1.jpg.

Here are the builder's comments:
"Me on sling seat with huge chainring. Pro-life or not, this baby should
have been aborted. The enormous chainring given to me by my Russian - now
American friend Boris Zakoldaev was too cool to not try. It weighed only 7
lbs and was machined in trade for a bottle of Vodka in a Russian Military
Helicopter factory during the Cold War. The reverse fork gave poor
handling and a seat suspended by ropes is next to impossible to
drive.[...]" [1]

[1] http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/costin/seancostin.htm.

Unless you like to play around with survival type gear, you absolutely need
some kind of tent. I once tried to get by without a tent with some special
wrap around high tech sheeting and it was a total bust. The weather is
always up to something and you need some speration from it which only a tent
can give you. If you can't get a good night's sleep, you are doomed to
misery.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 13th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
PatTX

::::
:::: You need to learn how to quote properly. I have no idea who is
:::: saying what anymore.
:::
::: Bill Gates is at fault.
::
:: Millions of other OE users manage it.

If you looked, you could tell I am using Quote Fix. Go blame it.

Pat in TX

Old September 13th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Penny

"PatTX" writes:

::::
:::: You need to learn how to quote properly. I have no idea who is
:::: saying what anymore.
:::
::: Bill Gates is at fault.
::
:: Millions of other OE users manage it.

If you looked, you could tell I am using Quote Fix. Go blame it.

Pat in TX

I dont care. Your posts are wrong and you should fix it. Really. Or
people will ignore your posts since its impossible to see who said
what. Maybe try another news reader. God knows there are enough free
alternatives to OE.
Old September 13th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Thomas, Spring Point Light

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
newsIydnVzMvJc4VFbVnZ2dnUVZ_r3inZ2d@prairiewave. com...

[...]

Holy crap .. what have I done.. even the Ed Dolan is posting on this
thread.

Its like I unearthed some primordial urge. The Hammock .. I'm thinking
maybe this
is a code word,, I've stumbled upon some strange cult.

Who was this guy Hennessy, anyway. Could it be that Hennessy is a
Communist? Or worse?

============

As for Tex .. I looked back on your postings :: you posted that you
actually own a Hennessy Hammock.
Why not tell us whether you like it.

I"ve been doing some reading .. and the general consensus seems to be
against the hammock. The trouble
starts with the hangers [trees], the line, on and on.

Guess the old pup tent [ new version as in REI lightweight ] will do.

Was fun getting a good smackdown going though.

Maybe I will post about sleeping bags, pads, tent lights, ..

Old September 13th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
PatTX

Penny wrote:
:: "PatTX" writes:
::
:::::::
::::::: You need to learn how to quote properly. I have no idea who is
::::::: saying what anymore.
::::::
:::::: Bill Gates is at fault.
:::::
::::: Millions of other OE users manage it.
:::
::: If you looked, you could tell I am using Quote Fix. Go blame it.
:::
::: Pat in TX
::
:: I dont care. Your posts are wrong and you should fix it. Really. Or
:: people will ignore your posts since its impossible to see who said
:: what. Maybe try another news reader. God knows there are enough free
:: alternatives to OE.

Penny, my posts are not wrong. I am sorry you are confused. Perhaps you
should ask the Harvard-educated (supposedly) Thomas why you are so confused.
However, that would take away from him cursing at me, calling me a turd, and
yelling at others who have replied. Maybe you and Thomas will be happy
together. Go give it a try.

Pat in TX

Old September 13th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Thomas, Spring Point Light

"PatTX" wrote in message
Penny wrote:
:: "PatTX" writes:
::
:::::::
[...]

=====

Attending Harvard only gives you something to say at cocktail parties..

Not a turd ,, a Texas turd. Big difference. You live there, and the heat,
and the turd..
with a little water .. whew.. we are talking bad .... Texas chilly, bad.

ps: when are you going to tell us about the hammock..

Have you used one? Did it work? ..

Are you upset because of lack of sleep? Ah ha.. the hammock,, was not
comfortable?

Old September 13th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Penny

"PatTX" writes:

Penny wrote:
:: "PatTX" writes:
::
:::::::
::::::: You need to learn how to quote properly. I have no idea who is
::::::: saying what anymore.
::::::
:::::: Bill Gates is at fault.
:::::
::::: Millions of other OE users manage it.
:::
::: If you looked, you could tell I am using Quote Fix. Go blame it.
:::
::: Pat in TX
::
:: I dont care. Your posts are wrong and you should fix it. Really. Or
:: people will ignore your posts since its impossible to see who said
:: what. Maybe try another news reader. God knows there are enough free
:: alternatives to OE.

Penny, my posts are not wrong. I am sorry you are confused. Perhaps
you

Your posts are wrong. You are not correctly quoting replied to
information.

should ask the Harvard-educated (supposedly) Thomas why you are so confused.
However, that would take away from him cursing at me, calling me a turd, and
yelling at others who have replied. Maybe you and Thomas will be happy
together. Go give it a try.

Pat in TX

I dont know where TX is, but try to buy a clue there if you can.

If you are confused as to what quoting means then there's a new thing
called Google.

compact lightweight travel hammocks from £25 (ideal for touring!) Galax-e Marketplace 0 March 9th 07 12:38 AM
Hennessy Hammocks (or ANY hammocks0 for touring.. Ken Pisichko General 2 January 24th 06 06:50 PM
Your opinion silverfridge Unicycling 7 January 21st 06 02:57 AM
Hennessy Hammocks during touring/rides... Ken Pisichko Rides 0 January 16th 06 12:49 AM
Opinion Chris Glidden Mountain Biking 14 June 15th 05 06:41 PM