Shockster on Aluminum Bike?

Old July 15th 05, 08:29 AM
meb

Default Shockster on Aluminum Bike?

Someone told me you can't use Shocksters on Aluminum bikes, but neve
proffered a reason.

Is this myth or is there a bonified reason such some sort of spreadin
or loading of the dropouts or some sort of bimetalic corrosion

--
meb

Old July 15th 05, 04:11 PM
Werehatrack

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:29:27 +1000, meb
wrote:

Someone told me you can't use Shocksters on Aluminum bikes, but never
proffered a reason.

Is this myth or is there a bonified reason such some sort of spreading
or loading of the dropouts or some sort of bimetalic corrosion?

Given that their domain name seems to have been grabbed by a de facto
cybersquatter a while back, and in view of the age of the only
information I could find about the product, I'd expect the unit to be
a bit hard to find...but there was one being dumped on eBay for $30
with shipping. Something tells me this is a product that flopped.

As for their not being usable on aluminum bikes, this might have more
to do with the sometimes wild variations in rear triangle designs in
those bikes than it does with the inherent nature of the material. It
appears that the Shockster is largely aluminum, if the few photos and
the claimed weight of two pounds are any indication.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old July 30th 05, 09:28 PM
Jasper Janssen

wrote:

Is this myth or is there a bonified reason such some sort of spreading
or loading of the dropouts or some sort of bimetalic corrosion?

Spelling pedantry: It's "Bona fide", latin for 'in good faith'.

Jasper
Old July 30th 05, 09:50 PM
Bill Sornson

wrote:

Is this myth or is there a bonified reason such some sort of
spreading or loading of the dropouts or some sort of bimetalic
corrosion?

Spelling pedantry: It's "Bona fide", latin for 'in good faith'.

Unless he meant "half chocolatized"?

(I'll grab me hat.)