Col du Grand Colombier, second episode

Old July 13th 12, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
thirty-six

Default Col du Grand Colombier, second episode

On Jul 13, 1:01*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 12, 7:25*pm, thirty-six wrote:

On Jul 12, 7:45*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 12, 2:09*pm, thirty-six wrote:

I found it quite interesting that Caedel blew himself off the pace so
that he is not now a GC contender. *Why did he do that?

Because he's craftier than your average bear, BooBoo!

maybe so.

Ummm, I was being facetious.

He gambled and it didn't pay off.

it looked like he meant to put himself out, to me.

Indeed. *I didn't mean to imply that he was faking it. *Cadel was
probably feeling good and Tejay probably told the DS, "I'm feeling
great and could tow a fookin' tractor up these mountains."
Unfortunately Cadel wasn't a tractor and he wasn't feeling _that_
good.

We're witnessing a changing of the guard. *Wiggins and Cadel could
both end up behind their younger teammates in the GC. *I say it's
50-50.

Lots can happen between now and Le
Champs, so don't count him out yet. *I have, but you shouldn't. *

Wiggins certainly looks the tougher man but was showing some weakness
in the last 2km, with the camera looking down on him, I could see much
fore to aft movement as he was tramping the pedals. *I don't think
there's any chance of a Sky win tomorrow as Wiggins gets dragged along
the course so that he can recover from what was quite a strain for him
today. *Perhaps he can sort out the problem and get back to his
regular smooth style but I certainly have reservations about his
ability after seeing that and perhaps a decision is made after
tomorrow on whether Froome should take over as leader. *i think if
Nibali makes the break, Froome will have to chase and whatever comes
of that will decide on who leads the team.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be vicious. *There's blood in the water and
we're going to need a bigger boat.

Not much action from BMC today and Evans still trying to regain a
second to Wiggins. There's some flat stages coming up and methinks
that BMC might want to time trial them. It shouldl present some
interesting and bumpy starts I wonder if we'll see any spoke
cutters,er quill pedals amongst the sprinters..
Old July 13th 12, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Friday, July 13, 2012 12:19:28 AM UTC-7, atriage wrote:
On 13/07/2012 01:01, RicodJour wrote:
> On Jul 12, 7:25 pm, > wrote:

>>> Because he's craftier than your average bear, BooBoo!
>>
>> maybe so.
>
> Ummm, I was being facetious.
>
>>> He gambled and it didn't pay off.
>>
>> it looked like he meant to put himself out, to me.
>
> Indeed. I didn't mean to imply that he was faking it. Cadel was
> probably feeling good and Tejay probably told the DS, "I'm feeling
> great and could tow a fookin' tractor up these mountains."
> Unfortunately Cadel wasn't a tractor and he wasn't feeling _that_
> good.
>
> We're witnessing a changing of the guard. Wiggins and Cadel could
> both end up behind their younger teammates in the GC. I say it's
> 50-50.

Yes Froome and Tejay both look extremely strong in the mountains, the problem
they and the other up and coming candidates have in the future is the imminent
return to racing of the strongest climber of the modern era. Contador's
destruction of the opposition on Mount Etna in last year's Giro was one of the
most brutal acts of cycling hatchetery I've seen.

--

Even before he was erased from the record books he only got 5th in last year's Tour.
Old July 14th 12, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Jul 13, 1:51*pm, atriage wrote:
On 13/07/2012 17:00, wrote:

Yes Froome and Tejay both look extremely strong in the mountains, the problem
they and the other up and coming candidates have in the future is the imminent
return to racing of the strongest climber of the modern era. Contador's
destruction of the opposition on Mount Etna in last year's Giro was one of the
most brutal acts of cycling hatchetery Iv'e seen.

Even before he was erased from the record books he only got 5th in last year's Tour.

Yes well he was in a crash and lost several minutes at the beginning of the race
and also he'd completed and won the Giro.
--

Excuses are like fundamental orifices - everyone has one.

"Oooh, I won the Giro. Waaaah!"

Old July 14th 12, 11:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 14/07/2012 04:16, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 13, 1:51 pm, wrote:
On 13/07/2012 17:00, wrote:

Yes Froome and Tejay both look extremely strong in the mountains, the problem
they and the other up and coming candidates have in the future is the imminent
return to racing of the strongest climber of the modern era. Contador's
destruction of the opposition on Mount Etna in last year's Giro was one of the
most brutal acts of cycling hatchetery Iv'e seen.

Even before he was erased from the record books he only got 5th in last year's Tour.

Yes well he was in a crash and lost several minutes at the beginning of the race
and also he'd completed and won the Giro.
--

Excuses are like fundamental orifices - everyone has one.

Yeah, maybe some of the bots in this group know better than Sean Yates...but
probably they don't.
"It's not always necessarily the best man wins, the best man could lose five
minutes like [Alberto] Contador did last year. You could argue he was the best
man and didn't win," sports director, Sean Yates said.