Sunday Times considers legal action against Lance Armstrong

Old October 24th 12, 08:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Sunday Times considers legal action against Lance Armstrong

Sunday Times is considering going after Lance for fraud due to a monetary settlement in 2004' The case possibly cost the times $1,000,000.00 including legal fees.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/sunda...194849918.html

Possibly an insurance company will try to get back $12,000,000.00 they paid in prize money.

Video is 6:59 total play time.

Cheers
Old October 25th 12, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

wrote:
Sunday Times is considering going after Lance for fraud due to a
monetary settlement in 2004' The case possibly cost the times
$1,000,000.00 including legal fees.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/sunda...194849918.html

Possibly an insurance company will try to get back $12,000,000.00
they paid in prize money.

Video is 6:59 total play time.

Cheers

We live in interesting times. That the government dropped its case is
in LA's favor, but my understanding is that the burden of proof is much,
much lower in a civil proceding - and I have no clue what happens when
international boundaries are crossed.

If I was LA right now, I'd be looking for countries to live in with
secret bank accounts and without extradition treaties.

-S-