Kid in a candy store

Old August 17th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Steve

Default Kid in a candy store

Someone hands you a $150 gift certificate to Amazon.com and you think,
"What to buy, what to buy?" So, what do you buy (related to cycling
only)?

Old August 17th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Steve wrote:
Someone hands you a $150 gift certificate to Amazon.com and you think,
"What to buy, what to buy?" So, what do you buy (related to cycling
only)?

Not much, Amazon itself doesn't carry anything that resembles hardware
for cycling (or not much anyway). Almost everything is carried through
their partners, which usually means very high shipping charges.

That said, I recently bought 'Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike
Maintenance' through them. So basically, cycling books.

--
Dane Buson -
"... because 'They hate our freedom'(tm)"

Osama just called to say he's hung up his terrorism hat.
We no longer have enough freedom to be worth hating.
-- PatientZero on /.
Old August 17th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article om,
"Steve" writes:
Someone hands you a $150 gift certificate to Amazon.com and you think,
"What to buy, what to buy?" So, what do you buy (related to cycling
only)?

Spray-bombs of water repellant (for raingear clothing.)

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old August 17th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Fred

"Steve" wrote in message
ps.com...
Someone hands you a $150 gift certificate to Amazon.com and you think,
"What to buy, what to buy?" So, what do you buy (related to cycling
only)?

Sort of depends on what you want really.

Old August 18th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chris Z The Wheelman

I could think of a few books I might like.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Old August 20th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Kruger

"Dane Buson" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Someone hands you a $150 gift certificate to Amazon.com and you think,
"What to buy, what to buy?" So, what do you buy (related to cycling
only)?

Not much, Amazon itself doesn't carry anything that resembles hardware
for cycling (or not much anyway). Almost everything is carried through
their partners, which usually means very high shipping charges.

That said, I recently bought 'Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike
Maintenance' through them. So basically, cycling books.

I see they have Lonely Planet Cycling Guides to Australia, France, and
US-West Coast. Anyone know if these guides are any good?

--
Mike Kruger
Blog: http://journals.aol.com/mikekr/ZbicyclistsZlog/