Let's become adults when it comes to racing bicycles.

Old October 27th 12, 05:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Free Willy

Default Let's become adults when it comes to racing bicycles.

"Uncle Dave" wrote in message
On 27/10/2012 17:03, Free Willy wrote:
"Uncle Dave" wrote in message
On 27/10/2012 01:00, wrote:

Please show where in that post it says anything about an open class.

He doesn't have to - he was thinking it at the time and that should be
enough. I bet he calls you "dumb" for not knowing that...

Pay attention. There was another thread were I introduced the idea
of an open class. It was in the context of that open class that the
disputed post was written. Perhaps I should have made that more
clear. Perhaps I should have not overestimated attention spans or
intelligence quotients of potential readers.

So... what you're saying is that your arguments are so incoherent that you
expect your readers to somehow pick up the loose ends of your ramblings from
diverse sources and then interpret what you're saying by poring over your
posts?

Uh huh...

What I really expected was some intelligent discussion, pro or con.

Instead, all I got is immature people who lack cogent thought attacking
the messenger rather than discussing the issue.

I should have seen the handwriting on the wall as the majority of
this group seems to consist of vindictive attack dogs who are
envious of Lance Armstrong's accomplishments and who gloat
about what they perceive in their subpar minds as his downfall and
his punishment for excellence which excellence they, themselves,
are bereft of.

--
Willy Free

Old October 27th 12, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

On 27/10/2012 17:40, Free Willy wrote:

I should have seen the handwriting on the wall as the majority of
this group seems to consist of vindictive attack dogs

Woof woof, now do **** off Willy Boi, your below par trolling is only
making you look silly.
Old October 27th 12, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 27/10/2012 17:40, Free Willy wrote:

So... what you're saying is that your arguments are so incoherent that you
expect your readers to somehow pick up the loose ends of your ramblings from
diverse sources and then interpret what you're saying by poring over your
posts?

Uh huh...

What I really expected was some intelligent discussion, pro or con.

In that case, make your case in a coherent fashion and don't contradict
yourself.

Instead, all I got is immature people who lack cogent thought attacking
the messenger rather than discussing the issue.

I should have seen the handwriting on the wall as the majority of
this group seems to consist of vindictive attack dogs who are
envious of Lance Armstrong's accomplishments and who gloat
about what they perceive in their subpar minds as his downfall and
his punishment for excellence which excellence they, themselves,
are bereft of.

He may already have been doping, I don't know, but they haven't taken
away his win in Oslo which was his finest hour as far as I'm concerned.
When he sold out and joined the prima-donna-once-a-year- sunshine-set
and turned his back on real, contested, races it didn't matter anyway.
The Tour is for people who don't know cycling or are American. It's OK
Magazine to War and Peace. Any decent all-rounder with a purpose built
team only trying for two, maybe three, races a year and drugged up to
the eyeballs could win as many Tours as they want. And they often do
nowadays.

Interestingly, Indurain came second that day in Oslo so maybe they were
already doping their balls off. Hmmmm...

UD
Old October 27th 12, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Free Willy

"Uncle Dave" wrote in message
[...]

Isn't that the real point - that most all of them are doping to some
extent or another?

Furthermore isn't it also the point that it can be said they're all
"doping" because the very word has become arbitrary and capricious
since what constitutes doping is the controls and limits set forth by the
bureaucracies like UCI/WADA and now the upstart USADA, which
controls have now been ignored and kicked to the curb in favor of
after-the-fact rumor, hearsay and testimony based on bribery and
immunity?

Where is the finger-pointing at the real root cause of the problem -
the inept bureaucracies who can't even follow their own rules?

--
Willy Free

Old October 28th 12, 06:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 662631 20121027 183640 "Free Willy" wrote:

Furthermore isn't it also the point that it can be said they're all
"doping"

"They"? Don't you mean "we"?
Old October 28th 12, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Free Willy

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
in 662631 20121027 183640 "Free Willy" wrote:

Furthermore isn't it also the point that it can be said they're all
"doping"

"They"? Don't you mean "we"?

Speak for yourself!

--
Willy Free

Old October 29th 12, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article ,
"Free Willy" wrote:

I say it's about time men became men when it comes
to racing bicycles professionally.

There should be one rule and one rule only: First man
over the finish line, after having completed the entire
course, is the winner.

I agree. No take backs.

Other sports such as FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL
manage their sports better. UCI is a joke---Cyclists' _Union_.
I blame cyclists. They cannot control themselves,
and cannot effectively stare down the governing bodies.
They got the government they deserve and the
governing bodies will continue to ride the cyclists.

--
Old Fritz