Giant FCR2 V Specialized Sirrus Sport

Old July 28th 03, 09:26 PM
Paul

Default Giant FCR2 V Specialized Sirrus Sport

Latest upgrade is between these 2 fine looking machines. Not looking to
race, merely train and ride for leisure. All opinions are welcome - the
more the better.

I like the look of both of them but can't work out whether the Giant has the
'twist grip' gear shifters whereas the Specialized has the more traditional
rapidfire, which I prefer. Can anyone confirm this part of the spec on the
Giant?

Thanks.

Paul

Old July 29th 03, 09:25 AM
Andy

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Latest upgrade is between these 2 fine looking machines. Not looking to
race, merely train and ride for leisure. All opinions are welcome - the
more the better.

I was looking at purchasing the FCR 2, but instead got a 2002
Ridgeback Genesis Day 02. I tried the FCR 2 and found the frame too
small for me, had to have the seat post way up to even have a go at
riding.

I spose it depends on your size, (i'm quite a big bloke) but i would
suggest you have a look at the Genesis range as i have to say it is
one hell of a bike ...

tested her out on the weekend and am mightly impressed. I also got it
for not much more than the FCR 2 as its a 2002 model.
Old July 29th 03, 10:03 AM
Mill Ward

"Temp3st" m wrote in message ...
"Paul" wrote in message
Latest upgrade is between these 2 fine looking machines. Not looking to
race, merely train and ride for leisure. All opinions are welcome - the
more the better.

I like the look of both of them but can't work out whether the Giant has

the
'twist grip' gear shifters whereas the Specialized has the more

traditional
rapidfire, which I prefer. Can anyone confirm this part of the spec on

the
Giant?

Thanks.

Paul

Having just purchased the very bike - I can confirm the Giant has rapid
fire.
I also believe the Giant is lighter than the Specialized.

What's the FCR2 like generally? Worth the cash?

MW
Old July 29th 03, 04:00 PM
Michael MacClancy

In message , Paul
writes
Latest upgrade is between these 2 fine looking machines. Not looking to
race, merely train and ride for leisure. All opinions are welcome - the
more the better.

I like the look of both of them but can't work out whether the Giant has the
'twist grip' gear shifters whereas the Specialized has the more traditional
rapidfire, which I prefer. Can anyone confirm this part of the spec on the
Giant?

Thanks.

Paul

Rapidfire on the Giant. My wife has this bike and is completely
satisfied with it. She uses it 3-4 times/week for a 32 mile round trip
commute and finds it fast and comfortable.
--
Michael MacClancy
Old July 29th 03, 05:41 PM
ebola

Temp3st wrote:
Having just purchased the very bike - I can confirm the Giant has rapid
fire. I also believe the Giant is lighter than the Specialized.

If so - how much lighter is the Giant? - I've been considering the
Specialized Sirrus range so far as I prefer the appearance. The more
monochrome the better. I guess Mass would be a more sensible deciding
factor than Colour Scheme as I am also fussed about how quickly it can
get me somewhere for the same effort level.

Old July 29th 03, 06:20 PM
Saint

"ebola" wrote in message
Temp3st wrote:
Having just purchased the very bike - I can confirm the Giant has

rapid
fire. I also believe the Giant is lighter than the Specialized.

If so - how much lighter is the Giant? - I've been considering the
Specialized Sirrus range so far as I prefer the appearance. The more
monochrome the better. I guess Mass would be a more sensible deciding
factor than Colour Scheme as I am also fussed about how quickly it can
get me somewhere for the same effort level.

Hi

Sorry to be so in your face but I have a 6 week old Specialized Sirrus Sport
for sale at a pretty good going rate. Bike is immaculate with receipt and
everything.

Email me if you are interested -

Sorry to have troubled you if you are not.

Regards