Who is to blame Cyclist or Taxi Driver? ( I dont like either)

Old November 28th 15, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

Default Who is to blame Cyclist or Taxi Driver? ( I dont like either)

On 28/11/2015 20:00, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 12:22:24 PM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

The rules of the road do apply, and should be applied to all road users,
irrespective of the power, weight or speed of their vehicles.

So you think cars should be restricted to 56mph like LGV's.

No.
Motorists will also have to keep logbooks and have restricted driving hours.

No.
Current bridges with a weight limit of 3.5 tonnes for example will no longer permit cars to drive over them.

No.
Cars will no longer be allowed in lane 3 of motorways.

No.
Cyclists can use motorways.

No.

Maybe you should think before you post.

Maybe you shouldn't be so thick.

--
Dave
Dedicated to finding a cure for cycling.
Old November 28th 15, 08:30 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

On 28/11/2015 19:16, John Smith wrote:
In uk.rec.cycling Nick wrote:
On 28/11/2015 12:47, John Smith wrote:
In uk.rec.cycling Nick wrote:
On 27/11/2015 19:10, Judith wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 18:09:41 +0000, Nick wrote:

If he can't signal properly and check his mirrors he really shouldn't
be driving at all.

He has taken a test and passed it.

Has the cyclist do you know?

There is a common theme in these threads where people suggest that the
same rules should be applied to motor vehicles and bicycles.

It's standard victim-blaming.

They'll need to do better with their logic.

They drive cars. Logic doesn't come into it.

Said by someone who rides a child's toy. Ha ha ha ha!

They seem to have an ongoing difficulty understanding the difference
between universal quantification and existential quantification.

News flash, dude: car drivers have difficulty understanding the difference
between their left and their right hand except when it comes to 'feeling
bigger' when they go for the left.

Unless you spell it out for them explicitly each time they get confused.

I find a D-lock across the cheekbone helps to concentrate what passes for
their 'mind'.

What a ******. All mouth, no trousers.

Old November 28th 15, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 06:58:12 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

On Saturday, 28 November 2015 14:18:05 UTC, Tom Crispin wrote:

Orange is generally used by railway workers. It may even be mandatory for railway workers to wear orange.

And of course it is mandatory in many countries for car occupants to have hi-vis to hand INSIDE the car in case they break down on a motorway. There are heavy fines for non compliance.

Indeed: it is mandatory to have working windscreen wipers in many countries -
but I understands some people just ignore such laws.

Old November 28th 15, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 04:35:24 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

On Saturday, 28 November 2015 12:01:44 UTC, Nick wrote:

FWIW I don't even know if I have passed a cycling test. I remember the
cycling proficiency lessons but not the result.

I have had three cycling tests, but not one driving lesson.

You should have had some lessons: they may have told you the importance of
complying with the various applicable laws.

Old November 28th 15, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 14:04:49 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 28/11/2015 12:35, Alycidon wrote:
On Saturday, 28 November 2015 12:01:44 UTC, Nick wrote:

FWIW I don't even know if I have passed a cycling test. I remember the
cycling proficiency lessons but not the result.

I have had three cycling tests, but not one driving lesson.

I never had a driving lesson either.

Amazing: two of the biggest liars here never had a single driving lesson.

We would never have believe it.

However, you probably never had a test did you: I understand that they were not
obligatory quite a few years ago.

Old November 29th 15, 06:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Bod wrote:

On 28/11/2015 12:35, Alycidon wrote:
On Saturday, 28 November 2015 12:01:44 UTC, Nick wrote:

FWIW I don't even know if I have passed a cycling test. I remember
the cycling proficiency lessons but not the result.

I have had three cycling tests, but not one driving lesson.

I never had a driving lesson either.

I never had a /driving/ lesson - I did have a few "pass the test"
lessons.

Old November 29th 15, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Saturday, 28 November 2015 14:18:05 UTC, Tom Crispin wrote:

Orange is generally used by railway workers. It may even be mandatory for railway workers to wear orange.

The police were caught out here, but luckily a cyclist was there to help out.

http://road.cc/content/news/172167-p...d-them-out-jam

Old November 29th 15, 02:51 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 19:46:52 -0000, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

Judith wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 18:09:41 +0000, Nick
wrote:

snip

If he can't signal properly and check his mirrors he really
shouldn't be driving at all.

He has taken a test and passed it.

Has the cyclist do you know?

I got 100% and I would not be seen dead on a pedal bike. It's all to do with
not looking like a bellend.
I bet that many of the cyclists here would not get 100%
But of course they would never admit it.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ycling-7315073

I think that one about when can you cycle through a red-traffic light is
incorrect.

I'm sure that I have been told differently in here.

Old November 29th 15, 02:52 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

Judith wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 18:09:41 +0000, Nick
wrote:

snip

If he can't signal properly and check his mirrors he really
shouldn't be driving at all.

He has taken a test and passed it.

Has the cyclist do you know?

I got 100% and I would not be seen dead on a pedal bike. It's all to do with
not looking like a bellend.
I bet that many of the cyclists here would not get 100%
But of course they would never admit it.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ycling-7315073

I bet Mason got 110% and Crispin 105%.