Buddha's taming the lion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 20th 11, 10:26 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default Buddha's taming the lion

(While this may seem out of place here, there's a sure connection with
riding a bike. Every time I'm the victim of violence by drivers --
including them blasting the horn-- I feel this lion (violence) growing
inside me. But I say "NO," the Buddha wouldn't do that.)

It's amazing how wise men recognize the "beast" --sometimes violence
lurking inside us-- but it's equally bewildering the methods followed
to tame it. I try to make it eat banana (clever, right?), Gandhi went
into fasting and Buddhist monks bred the Lion Dog...

http://puppydogweb.com/caninebreeds/...ingese_pdw.jpg

Does he look like a lion? Well, the story I saw the other day relates
how the monks substituted the lion --nowhere available in China-- for
a little dog. Hairy as e may be he ain't no lion. HE CAN'T EAT YOU,
important difference.

Story telling time...

"A lion and a marmoset fell in love. But the lion was too large. The
lion went to the Buddha and told him of his woes. The Buddha allowed
the lion to shrink down to the size of the marmoset. And the Pekingese
was the result."

"Another legend says that the Peke resulted from the mating of a lion
and a monkey, getting its nobleness and coat from the former and its
ungainly walk from the latter."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pekingese

***

Now it all makes sense: The Pekingese is the child of lion and monkey.
He sure got a monkey face like his father. Love conquers the beast.

Taming American roads is like taming Afghanistan His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher General 2 September 12th 11 05:29 PM
The Taming of Tom Sherman Anton Berlin Racing 0 October 25th 08 10:01 PM
Taming the Bicycle Danny Colyer Unicycling 3 May 5th 08 11:02 PM
Taming the Bicycle U-Turn Unicycling 2 January 12th 08 05:57 PM
Taming the Bicycle mikepenton Unicycling 0 January 12th 08 05:41 PM