Can Saddles Restrict Bloodflow To Legs?

Old November 12th 10, 07:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Default Can Saddles Restrict Bloodflow To Legs?

On 11/11/2010 10:14 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
[...]
Are new mixtes being made? Drop frames are being marketed under that
name now.

You could try one of these: http://www.ransbikes.com/FusionST10.htm.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old November 12th 10, 09:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Nov 12, 4:14*am, Joy Beeson wrote:

Are new mixtes being made? *

I have a mixte that never fails to please.
http://members.multimania.co.uk/fiul...h%20Drool.html

Andre Jute
Ride with dignity
Old November 12th 10, 01:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Peter Cole[_2_]

On 11/12/2010 12:44 AM, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
On 11/11/2010 11:27 PM, A. Muzi wrote:
Joy Beeson wrote:
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 08:16:32 -0500, Duane Hébert
wrote:

How do you know that I'm not in my 80s now?

I'll be seventy next spring, and I'm still riding an upright. I'd
like to replace it with a mixte, though -- sometimes I wish I had
handles on my ankles to help me lift them over the top tube.
And sometimes I can mount up without even thinking about it, and
sometimes it suffices to remember that the knee goes over first when
mounting, and the foot goes over first when dismounting.
Are new mixtes being made? Drop frames are being marketed under that
name now.

Soma Buena Vista.

Or a Waterford Diva!

Too bad these are no longer made:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/kabuki%20submariner%20mixte/rickpaulos/Not%20My%20Bikes/IMG_0033cropped.jpg?o=1.

Why? I looked at a Submariner at a bike swap once, it wasn't all that
impressive, it was kind of a tank.

I do think mixte frames are pretty cool -- not necessarily for someone
my size, though.
Old November 12th 10, 01:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Duane Hébert

On 11/11/2010 6:36 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"Duane wrote in message
On 11/10/2010 10:18 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
We belong to different tribes. I know your type well and always manage to
stay as far away from your type as possible. It is just a matter of time
until you will give up on uprights. When you do, you will probably give
up
on bicycles altogether, whereas you can keep on cycling with a recumbent
well into your 80's in perfect comfort. It is too bad we humans have to
learn everything the hard way and are unable to benefit from the wisdom
and
experience of others.

How do you know that I'm not in my 80s now?

If you are riding a bicycle in the racing position and you are old, then you
are an iron man. They are few and far between.

So I guess by your definition I'm not yet old (thanks!) but I've been
riding bicycles for 30 years and haven't had any problems. Actually,
your whole tribe must stay away from mine as I've not seen many
recumbents over the years.
Old November 12th 10, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
(PeteCresswell)

Per Joy Beeson:
Are new mixtes being made? Drop frames are being marketed under that
name now.

This isn't quite a mixte, but it's in the spirit of one:
http://tinyurl.com/2aphlke

I put mine together last winter and haven't ridden much else
since.

Besides the low top tube, it's really nice tb able to put my foot
flat on the ground while seated on the saddle.
http://tinyurl.com/2e9zju9

--
PeteCresswell

Old November 12th 10, 09:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
AMuzi

wrote:

How do you know that I'm not in my 80s now?

I'll be seventy next spring, and I'm still riding an upright. I'd
like to replace it with a mixte, though -- sometimes I wish I had
handles on my ankles to help me lift them over the top tube.
And sometimes I can mount up without even thinking about it, and
sometimes it suffices to remember that the knee goes over first when
mounting, and the foot goes over first when dismounting.
Are new mixtes being made? Drop frames are being marketed under that
name now.

Soma Buena Vista.

Or a Waterford Diva!

Too bad these are no longer made:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/kabuki%20submariner%20mixte/rickpaulos/Not%20My%20Bikes/IMG_0033cropped.jpg?o=1.

almost defines the word 'kawaii', doesn't it?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old November 12th 10, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Duane Hébert" wrote in message
On 11/11/2010 6:36 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
If you are riding a bicycle in the racing position and you are old, then
you
are an iron man. They are few and far between.

So I guess by your definition I'm not yet old (thanks!) but I've been
riding bicycles for 30 years and haven't had any problems. Actually,
your whole tribe must stay away from mine as I've not seen many recumbents
over the years.

Not all recumbent cyclists belong to my particular tribe. Some of them want
to be fast and they are, but they have to work pretty hard at it, much
harder than anyone on an upright. I don't care about going fast at all. I
just want to go in comfort. I leave going fast to the young and the
thoughtless.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 13th 10, 09:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Chalo

Tom Sherman wrote:

Joy Beeson wrote:
[...]
Are new mixtes being made? *Drop frames are being marketed under that
name now.

You could try one of these: http://www.ransbikes.com/FusionST10.htm.

Ow! My eyes!

Chalo
Old November 13th 10, 02:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 11/13/2010 3:17 AM, Chalo Colina wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:

Joy Beeson wrote:
[...]
Are new mixtes being made? Drop frames are being marketed under that
name now.

You could try one of these:http://www.ransbikes.com/FusionST10.htm.

Ow! My eyes!

Problem with orange?