Why does Tom Sherman keep changing subject headings?

Old December 9th 10, 01:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

Default Why does Tom Sherman keep changing subject headings?

On Dec 6, 10:37*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Dec 6, 6:42 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

You can say that because you have no respect for the reader. Mr. Sherman
and
I do which is why we take pains with getting things right.

You can say that because you assume incorrectly. *Respect for the
reader has nothing to do with any of this. *I just don't type as well
as I used to and the remainder can be attributed to oversight.

It is not oversight, it is sloppiness. Didn't those Jesuits teach you
anything?
[...]

As you know, I've a lot more important things on my mind than typos.
I've seen you make typos and overlooked them as oversight. Yuo'd
think that you could extent me the same courtesy. Didn't mama teach
you anything?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old December 9th 10, 02:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Dec 6, 6:42 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

You can say that because you have no respect for the reader. Mr. Sherman
and
I do which is why we take pains with getting things right.

You can say that because you assume incorrectly. Respect for the
reader has nothing to do with any of this. I just don't type as well
as I used to and the remainder can be attributed to oversight.

It is not oversight, it is sloppiness. Didn't those Jesuits teach you
anything?
[...]

As you know, I've a lot more important things on my mind than typos.

I've seen you make typos and overlooked them as oversight. Yuo'd
think that you could extent [extend] me the same courtesy. Didn't mama
teach
you anything?

My typos are few and far between. Yours aren't. Always use your spell check.
It will catch things that we are blind to. For instance, if you had used
your spell check it would have caught Yuo'd and changed it to You'd.

I don't think Google Groups has a spell check, but you can download a free
one that will work on any website.

Old December 9th 10, 02:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

The fact is that I hate it when I make mistakes, especially publicly.
I have even been know to correct typos after the fact in a subsequent
post to that they will not continue to be propagated throughout the
entire thread.

Like I previously indicated, my Firefox browser had a built in
spellchecker. It underlines typos with a dotted red line, but I don't
think it's infallible though. What I've noticed is that I have become
somewhat dyslexic and also drop the final letter sometimes when I
type. There are some words that I have developed typo muscle memory
and will type incorrectly every time. Regardless, communication is
more important than an occasional typo.

Old December 9th 10, 03:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

Agreed! We all make plenty of mistakes (except for Tom Sherman of course). I
usually see my mistakes after I have posted, but since this is Usenet I
never bother to make any corrections. The most amazing thing is that almost
everything is readable no matter how many mistakes are made.

Here is a program which I haven't used yet but I am thinking about it for
the Firefox browser. It is free and I think it would work on the Google
Groups website if you are using Firefox.

http://firefox.afterthedeadline.com/

About the typo muscle memory thing, I have never yet been able to type "the"
correctly, at least not the first time. It always comes out "teh". There are
dozens of simple connective words that I learned how to spell in 1st grade,
but that I can never type correctly. Very mysterious!

Old December 10th 10, 01:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

On Dec 9, 8:48*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Dec 9, 7:09 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

My typos are few and far between. Yours aren't. Always use your spell
check.
It will catch things that we are blind to. For instance, if you had used
your spell check it would have caught Yuo'd and changed it to You'd.

I don't think Google Groups has a spell check, but you can download a free
one that will work on any website.
The fact is that I hate it when I make mistakes, especially publicly.

I have even been known to correct typos after the fact in a subsequent
post to that they will not continue to be propagated throughout the
entire thread.

Like I previously indicated, my Firefox browser has a built in

spellchecker. *It underlines typos with a dotted red line, but I don't
think it's infallible though. *What I've noticed is that I have become
somewhat dyslexic and also drop the final letter sometimes when I
type. *There are some words that I have developed typo muscle memory
and will type incorrectly every time. *Regardless, communication is
more important than an occasional typo.

Agreed! We all make plenty of mistakes (except for Tom Sherman of course).. I
usually see my mistakes after I have posted, but since this is Usenet I
never bother to make any corrections. The most amazing thing is that almost
everything is readable no matter how many mistakes are made.

AND ,one of the mistakes I made was to state that Firefox had a built
in spell checker when in fact it is my operating system that is doing
the spell checking for all text entered including text entry using
Google Groups. Of course ,words spelled correctly but incorrect in
context (stat for stat, form for from, etc. ) slip right on through
many a spell checker.

Here is a program which I haven't used yet but I am thinking about it for
the Firefox browser. It is free and I think it would work on the Google
Groups website if you are using Firefox.

http://firefox.afterthedeadline.com/

The firefox addon can be found here ... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/58947

It does look promising particularly since it apparently has a very
accurate grammar and context checker as well.

About the typo muscle memory thing, I have never yet been able to type "the"
correctly, at least not the first time. It always comes out "teh". There are
dozens of simple connective words that I learned how to spell in 1st grade,
but that I can never type correctly. Very mysterious!

I have a number of words that I can spell but not type correctly on
the first try, inverting letters dropping and adding letters, etc. I
find it very frustrating that somehow the signals sent from the brain
to the fingers get jumbled along the way. I had to go back and make
six corrections in the few sentences comprising this paragraph.

Jim

Old December 10th 10, 03:22 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Dec 9, 8:48 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
About the typo muscle memory thing, I have never yet been able to type
"the"
correctly, at least not the first time. It always comes out "teh". There
are
dozens of simple connective words that I learned how to spell in 1st
grade,
but that I can never type correctly. Very mysterious!

I have a number of words that I can spell but not type correctly on

the first try, inverting letters dropping and adding letters, etc. I
find it very frustrating that somehow the signals sent from the brain
to the fingers get jumbled along the way. I had to go back and make
six corrections in the few sentences comprising this paragraph.

I think all of the above is normal for most folks. What I wonder is whether
Tom Sherman ever has these difficulties. His posts are invariably letter
perfect, even when they are overly complicated in sentence structure. He
could easily be an editor for any publication in the country. I could too,
but it would be hard work for me.

Old December 10th 10, 08:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

On Dec 9, 8:22*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

Normal for most folks I am sure. If Tom does not share such
difficulties he likely will as he grows older.

I to would make a good editor I feel, but I would struggle at it
simple because it is a tedious job.

As concerns ADT, I left out ... anemia, depression, and weight gain.
The list of adverse side effects is grim.

Old December 10th 10, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Dec 9, 8:22 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
I think all of the above is normal for most folks. What I wonder is
whether
Tom Sherman ever has these difficulties. His posts are invariably letter
perfect, even when they are overly complicated in sentence structure. He
could easily be an editor for any publication in the country. I could too,
but it would be hard work for me.

Normal for most folks I am sure. If Tom does not share such

difficulties he likely will as he grows older.

I too would make a good editor I feel, but I would struggle at it

simply because it is a tedious job.

Yes, to have to be 100% correct means that you have a tremendous capacity
for tedium. It is not for a dilettante like me.

As concerns ADT, I left out ... anemia, depression, and weight gain.

The list of adverse side effects is grim.

Check the adverse side effects of any medication on the market, even
aspirin, and you will see much the same thing. Such adverse effects mostly
never occur except in rare cases.

Old December 12th 10, 06:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Why do people cut down trees to make tree forts?

On 12/9/2010 8:22 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
I think all of the above is normal for most folks. What I wonder is whether
Tom Sherman ever has these difficulties. His posts are invariably letter
perfect, even when they are overly complicated in sentence structure. He
could easily be an editor for any publication in the country. I could too,
but it would be hard work for me.

Well, I am paid to do both technical writing (engineering deliverables),
and to review (edit) the technical writing of others.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

I didn't like the subject line so I'm changing it SMS General 1 September 8th 10 01:52 AM
(no subject) gwr Racing 0 April 19th 05 12:48 AM
(No Subject) Curtis L. Russell Racing 1 August 7th 04 03:49 PM
(No Subject) Jym Dyer Social Issues 0 August 5th 04 03:00 PM