"Councils, expect to be sued"

Old December 29th 10, 11:00 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.racing
Edward Dolan

Default "Councils, expect to be sued"

"dgk" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 00:14:24 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

[...]
I do not like Kissinger for the way he ended the Vietnam War. What Nixon
saw
in him I will never know. What good does it do to be smart if you have no
guts! But that is what has been wrong with America my entire life. Plenty
of
smarts, but no guts!

Ah, the Vietnamese ended the Vietnam War by defeating us.

They never won a single battle.

And the
French. And the Japanese. Kissinger more or less recognized reality.

Kissinger never knew his ass from a hole in the ground. But a coward to the
core was his defining characteristic.

As we've learned since then, our government knew all the time that
they weren't going to win (install a government favorable to the
interests of our corporate elite) but they didn't want to appear to
lose a war so they kept the killling and chemical warfare going for a
while.

It was the U.S. Congress that defeated us in Vietnam. I thought everyone
knew that much at least.

Kissinger was plenty willing to spill the guts of other people, and
did it quite enthusiastically, but it was another case where we
weren't going to allow free elections to get in the way of installing
Democracy. Eisenhower said that 80% of the Vietnamese people would
have voted for Ho Chi Minh, and we wouldn't allow that.

Communists? Free Elections? Surely you joke!

The Vietnam War (like the Korean War) was but an episode in the Cold War. To
look at it any other way marks you as insane. You are a moron just like that
god damn Senator Fulbright from Arkansas.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka