First time down at the trails...

Old May 24th 05, 02:59 AM
MERCYME

Default First time down at the trails...

This was my first time down at the trails, I was riding my Torker
Unistar LX. It was a nice ride. I wish I had a MUni though it would
have been a lot better. The torker handeled those trails becuase they
were pretty easy. There are some harder ones that I might try if I ever
get a MUni.

--
MERCYME - Easy Rider

"Elvis Presley aint got soul, John Coltrane is rock n' roll"-Mos Def

"I don't believe in Hitler, thats what I said"- Afroman
MERCYME's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9764

Old May 24th 05, 03:04 AM
forrestunifreak

You could get a knobbyer tire that would fit it, it would make it a
little easier.

I Munied on an LX like that for a long time, its not that bad.

Why did you make two threads? Did somthing not work?

--
forrestunifreak - Mr. addict/team YAMS member

"You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

~Y.C. tv

'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)

Old May 24th 05, 03:07 AM
MERCYME

yeah my computer started lagging, couldn't figure out what was going on.
Really sorry about that.

Old May 24th 05, 03:45 AM
JustOneWheel

There is always something better. Once you get used to what you are
riding as long as your not doing 2' drops it will do just fine. Good
suggestion to change the tyre it will make a big difference.
I road a 20" bare bones Uni in the trails for a year. Tons of rough
riding but it made it. The rim was never true again, But did'nt do much
to stop me.
Now I have an awsome Coker for the trails.
Everyone has to start somewhere.
Have Fun!!!!

Adam

--
JustOneWheel - Every One Should Ride One

My goal in life is to get unicycling accepted as a sport used for FUN
and Fitness, Buy building a unique business promoting it as one of the
greatest and after a few practice setions an easy way to have fun and
stay fit.
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

Old May 24th 05, 03:50 AM
forrestunifreak

The LX has a good rim.

I did a 3 foot drop on mine, but it bent the axle.

Old May 24th 05, 06:44 AM
johnfoss

You can have tons of fun riding trails with a "regular" uni. That's all
I had from 1979 until 1996, when I put a knobby on my Schwinn. I still
did all right. A skinny, non-knobby tire just makes the same trails more
of a challenge than they are with a fat knobby. Challenge is good.

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

First time on the trails... MERCYME Unicycling 2 May 24th 05 03:06 AM
Time Slowing Down? Mark Thompson UK 6 August 2nd 04 05:22 PM
Saiz On Armstrong B. Lafferty Racing 25 July 4th 04 07:00 PM
Armstrong's Tour De France Time Trials Rik O'Shea Racing 33 November 6th 03 03:46 AM
Rail Trails under fire in U.S. Senate, time to write your Senator Brent Hugh General 0 July 4th 03 04:53 PM