Jobst

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 4th 17, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Jobst

On Sat, 02 Sep 2017 16:49:29 -0400, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per :
High numbers of deaths from hospital acquired infections really only
tells you that the general population is not very healthy.

And in the USA that is primarily from a large illegal and legal
immigrant population that has arrived from countries that do not have
particularly good health.

How about antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria like MERSA?

Most (but interestingly not all) antibiotic resistant bacteria evolved
in countries with advanced health care that over-used antibiotics in
humans and livestock.

MRSA (pronounced "mersa" by some) is almost piffling compared to some of
the baddies out there now. VRE and C. difficile seem to be increasing
in my experience; ESBLs and CRE infections are much scarier as they can
actively combat antibiotics many of the latest antibiotics- it's not a
simple matter of resistance. I have had a small number of patients with
ESBL urinary tract infections and thus far the mortality rate has been
50%. As is often the case, those most susceptible to infection are
those already weakened by other health problems, typically chronic
diseases they have had for years. I have not seen any cases of CRE yet
in the settings I work in. As a psychologist I do not have any need for
physical contact with my patients, but I am having to glove/gown/mask
more often now than any time in the past 27 years.

Is jobst gone? Crescentius Vespasianus Techniques 7 June 23rd 11 12:08 AM
When Jobst ... Steve Freides[_2_] Techniques 1 January 20th 11 10:28 PM
Jobst Brad Anders Racing 20 January 19th 11 06:31 PM
Jobst TriGuru55x11 Rides 1 January 19th 11 02:13 PM