3-4 Day Ride in NY/NJ/CT Region...or Beyond????

Old February 24th 09, 12:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

Default 3-4 Day Ride in NY/NJ/CT Region...or Beyond????

Hope you find something fun. Winter's gone on too long; I need to
pedal!

Dave:

I forgot to mention that hills don't get excite me anymore, either. I use
to see them as analogies for all kinds of challenges and problems in life
and I would get a big thrill out of conquering them. Now I just get a big
pain in my gut.

The Hudson River ride is one I've only done as far as the end of the
Palisades River Road in New Jersey; however, I have ridden a bit more of it
up in Tarrytown and Piermont. Where the bike route begins along RT.9 looks
very scenic, but dangerous to ride if you're not flying along on a road
bike. Also, I don't remember seeing a Quizno's or a toilet anywhere up in
those mountains!

Yes, I do like cities. I have ridden through Times Square and Harlem many
times and always find it exhillarating. (And I think ROUTE 9 is dangerous?)
I guess it's all a matter of taste.

Anyway, the most appealing ride to me right now is the Niagara River/
Niagara Falls ride. The only thing is that it's a destination I'd prefer to
visit with my wife. Also, the rules for transporting bikes on Amtrak are so
frigging impractical.

Thanks for your input. I, too, feel like winter has gone on for TWO winters
this year.

TM