Giro d'Italia, stage 7 summary

Old May 15th 10, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Giro d'Italia, stage 7 summary

Stage 7 : May 15, Carrara - Montalcino, 215 km

1 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 5.13.37
2 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Farnese Vini 0.02
3 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Astana
4 Marco Pinotti (Ita) Team HTC - Columbia 0.06
5 David Arroyo Duran (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 0.12
6 Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Acqua & Sapone 0.27
7 John Gadret (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0.29
8 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 1.01
9 Cayetano Sarmiento Tunarrosa (Col) Acqua & Sapone 1.07
10 Jan Bakelandts (Bel) Omega Pharma-Lotto 1.10

Changes in stage 7 compared to stage 6 :

Biggest gainers by position :
+69 Gustav Erik Larsson
+68 Morris Possoni
+68 Andrei Amador Bikkazakova
+63 Hubert Dupont
+62 Cayetano Sarmiento Tunarrosa
+61 Sebastien Hinault
+57 Remi Cusin
+55 Matthew Harley Goss
+52 Filippo Pozzato
+52 Ermanno Capelli

Biggest losers by position :
-47 Sacha Modolo
-43 Graeme Brown
-42 Sylvester Szmyd
-40 Matthew Lloyd
-39 Francesco Masciarelli
-39 Tom Stamsnijder
-38 Inigo Cuesta Lopez De Castro
-38 Simone Stortoni
-38 Thomas Voeckler
-38 Volodymir Gustov
-37 Craig Lewis

Biggest gainers by time :
+0:47 Cadel Evans
+0:37 Damiano Cunego
+0:33 Alexandre Vinokourov
+0:21 Marco Pinotti
+0:15 David Arroyo Duran
+0:02 Stefano Garzelli

Biggest losers by time :
-25:36 John Murphy
-25:26 Sacha Modolo
-25:19 Alberto Loddo
-25:19 Andrea Masciarelli
-25:19 Cameron Meyer
-25:19 Graeme Brown
-25:19 Jack Bobridge
-25:19 Julien Fouchard
-25:19 Marco Frapporti
-25:19 Simone Stortoni
-25:19 Tom Stamsnijder

Favourites by position :
+14 Damiano Cunego
+14 Cadel Evans
+12 Stefano Garzelli
+8 Michele Scarponi
+5 Bradley Wiggins
+4 David Millar
+3 Alexandre Vinokourov
+2 Linus Gerdemann
+1 Vladimir Karpets
-4 Vincenzo Nibali
-4 Carlos Sastre Candil
-6 Ivan Basso

Favourites by time :
+0:47 Cadel Evans
+0:37 Damiano Cunego
+0:33 Alexandre Vinokourov
+0:02 Stefano Garzelli
-0:34 Michele Scarponi
-0:44 David Millar
-0:46 Linus Gerdemann
-0:51 Vladimir Karpets
-1:33 Vincenzo Nibali
-1:38 Ivan Basso
-4:03 Bradley Wiggins
-4:53 Carlos Sastre Candil

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alexandre Vinokourov 24.09.42
2 Cadel Evans 1.12
3 David Millar 1.29
4 Vladimir Karpets 1.30
5 Vincenzo Nibali 1.33
7 Linus Gerdemann 1.50
8 Ivan Basso 1.51
11 Stefano Garzelli 2.47
12 Damiano Cunego 3.08
13 Michele Scarponi 3.09
24 Carlos Sastre Candil 7.06
26 Bradley Wiggins 8.39

Retirements to date : Stage
Eros Capecchi (Ita) Footon - Servetto 7
Marzio Bruseghin (Ita) Caisse d'Epargne 7
Guillaume Bonnafond (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 6
Michele Merlo (Ita) Footon - Servetto 6
Paolo Tiralongo (Ita) Astana 6
Christian Vandevelde (USA) Garmin - Transitions 3
Martin Kohler (Swi) BMC Racing Team 2
Total retirements : 7

Old May 15th 10, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alexandre Vinokourov 24.09.42
2 Cadel Evans 1.12
3 David Millar 1.29

So we're saying David Millar is now, by RBR standards, a GC podium type of
guy? How did this transformation from TT guy take place? Is he really
expected to remain in contention during that last week in the mountains?

Just curious...

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old May 16th 10, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Fred Gauss

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alexandre Vinokourov 24.09.42
2 Cadel Evans 1.12
3 David Millar 1.29

So we're saying David Millar is now, by RBR standards, a GC podium type
of guy? How did this transformation from TT guy take place? Is he really
expected to remain in contention during that last week in the mountains?

Listing him is a favor for those tracking "The Millar Line".
Old May 16th 10, 08:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 314041 20100515 225955 "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alexandre Vinokourov 24.09.42
2 Cadel Evans 1.12
3 David Millar 1.29

So we're saying David Millar is now, by RBR standards, a GC podium type of
guy? How did this transformation from TT guy take place? Is he really
expected to remain in contention during that last week in the mountains?

Yes, I had to check when his name appeared on my "favourites" list.
He was 15th on a list of 15 although he is 156th on my overall points list.
Only 14 riders in this year's Giro appear in the 155 above him!

Old May 16th 10, 10:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Betty Munro

K. Fred Gauss wrote:
Listing him is a favor for those tracking "The Millar Line".

And as an added convenience you can graph the Cunego line versus the
Millar line.
Old May 18th 10, 05:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

wrote:
Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alexandre Vinokourov 24.09.42
2 Cadel Evans 1.12
3 David Millar 1.29

So we're saying David Millar is now, by RBR standards, a GC podium
type of
guy? How did this transformation from TT guy take place? Is he really
expected to remain in contention during that last week in the
mountains?

Yes, I had to check when his name appeared on my "favourites" list.
He was 15th on a list of 15 although he is 156th on my overall points
list.
Only 14 riders in this year's Giro appear in the 155 above him!

Interesting. Pretty significant, although I have no idea how. 155 riders
above him and only 14 of them in the Giro?

This is looking like a really animated, fun Giro to watch. What's the
connection?

Thanks by the way for putting it together. I wouldn't question it if I
didn't value your work.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com