Is Mike Vandeman finally dead?

Old June 10th 13, 12:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

Default Is Mike Vandeman finally dead?

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 15:40:14 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 19:02:37 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

Hiking trails have from time immemorial been reserved for hikers and equestrians. It is still that way in Wilderness Areas and in most National Parks. Mountain biking on hiking trails is an incompatible use. Mountain bikers need their own trails entirely separated from hiking trails. Hiking trails do indeed belong to hikers!

You are amazingly uninformed. Since "time immemorial" trails were

simply pathways used by animals. Your claims simply illustrate just
how little you really know about the subject.

How far back do you want to go, you confounded dolt! All of my life trails have been reserved for such as myself. It is only very recently that g.d. bikes have been permitted on trails.

Apparently a lot further than you do.

I see. Your opposition to bicycles is based on the supposition that
you are somehow important enough the warrant the closing of public
owned property to only you and your like?

You are just another bigot confuses his desires with reality.

And this is defined where? In what document?

Wilderness Areas specifically exclude any mode of travel other than by
foot and horseback. It is why I want more and more areas to be given
Wilderness status. The National Parks are not as solid on this issue
as they should be. That is because many bureaucrats are gutless
cowards and do not always stand up for what is right.

I see. because the bureaucrats do not act as you wish them too THEY
are at fault. Or in other words you consider yourself as some sort of
later day messiah placed on earth to save the trails.

You are not only a bigot but a fool.

I ask you again, in what document is this defined?

Do your own research. I have got better things to do than supply you with documents.

It is obvious that you cannot justify your statements with anything
remotely resembling fact.

But more important your statement simply illustrates your ignorance of

the matter. Or perhaps you are too young to remember the sierra club
activities in trying to ban horses from wilderness areas?

That would have been a good thing to have done also. Bravo the Sierra Club!

That would "have been"? It happened, and you, the Savour of the Trails
are too ignorant to know the history of your "Keep the trails for us"
movement.

When I was young like you I knew next to nothing about anything. Now that I am old, I know everything about everything. That is what 80 years of life does to one.

So tell me, when were you born. You allude to eighty years of life but
are surprisingly ignorant of events that occurred during your supposed
lifetime.

Or is this argument simply made up out of whole cloth in an attempt to

prove a point that is simply not true.

It is as true as thinking mountain bikers have some god given right to desecrate trails.

There is no "god given right" for anyone, there are simply man made

laws and regulations.

At long last, a statement that I can agree with! What man has made, man can unmake.

Of course, if the trails are on private property than it is quite a
different proposition and the owners of the property can, of course,
refer to the trails as "their's".

Only pure souls like Mr. Vandeman care enough about nature to want to exclude bikes from all off-road areas. Frankly, I don’t give a good god damn what private owners of property do with their land. Mountain bikers should seek out such owners in which to develop their own trails.

Pure souls? Convicted criminals seems to be a far more accurate

description.

Mr. Vandeman is as innocent of all transgressions as the driven snow. Further, he is a gentleman, something that mountain bikers never are.

Of course, that is why the courts ruled as they did.

But certainly you and your ilk need to argue that the courts were
wrong as to do otherwise would mean that your thesis is wrong and that
you are two more stray dogs barking at the moon.

So, you feel competent to speak for all of those who use public

facilities. the arrogance is frightening. I'm reminded of the folks
who attempted to solve the Jewish problem.

I am as competent as anyone else, most particularly you.

I see, and your qualifications? Other than you self proclaimed

beatification I have not been appraised of any specific qualifications
that you might have.

You apparently are not aware of just how GREAT I am? I urge you to study my signature. I am not only GREAT, but HOLY besides.

I have already alluded to your self proclaimed beatification. I
remember by grandson shouting loudly, "Look at me, Look at me, while
handing by his knees from a tree limb and his sister saying, "You are
not wonderful".

More seriously, I defer to Mr. Vandeman on any and all issues of qualifications. He is a genius!

And a criminal.

Mountain bikers are not bothered much by hikers when using the trails, but hikers are bothered very much by bikers. That is what you fail to understand. Until you do, I might as well be talking to a brick wall.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old June 10th 13, 07:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 19:02:37 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

[...]

I see. Your opposition to bicycles is based on the supposition that

you are somehow important enough the warrant the closing of public
owned property to only you and your like?

You are just another bigot confuses his desires with reality.

Now the name calling begins as I knew it would. Mountain bikers and those who defend them are all of a type. I have given you a half dozen reasons why there is no place for bikes on hiking trails. You are the only one here who confuses his desires with reality. No wonder Mr. Vandeman calls you out for the scoundrels that you are!
[...]

I see. because the bureaucrats do not act as you wish them too THEY

are at fault. Or in other words you consider yourself as some sort of
later day messiah placed on earth to save the trails.

You don’t see ****! Compared to you I am the second wisest man in the world, Mr. Vandeman being the wisest of course.

You are not only a bigot but a fool.

And you are a mountain biker (the ultimate insult) who trespasses on hiking trails. I hope you go over your handle bars while riding on a trail and suffer spinal paralysis. It is no good wishing that you would land on your head since that part of your anatomy is as tough as your ass. Paralysis will be good for you as it will give you time to think on all your sins and ask forgiveness of Mother Earth.

I ask you again, in what document is this defined?

Do your own research. I have got better things to do than supply you with documents.

It is obvious that you cannot justify your statements with anything

remotely resembling fact.

The only thing that is obvious is that you are even lazier than I am.

But more important your statement simply illustrates your ignorance of

the matter. Or perhaps you are too young to remember the sierra club
activities in trying to ban horses from wilderness areas?

That would have been a good thing to have done also. Bravo the Sierra Club!

That would "have been"? It happened, and you, the Savour of the Trails

are too ignorant to know the history of your "Keep the trails for us"
movement.

I lost interest in the Sierra Club long ago. They made too many compromises with the truth. They were not purists like Mr. Vandemann ... who is the true “Savior of the Trails”.

When I was young like you I knew next to nothing about anything. Now that I am old, I know everything about everything. That is what 80 years of life does to one.

So tell me, when were you born. You allude to eighty years of life but

are surprisingly ignorant of events that occurred during your supposed
lifetime.

I only pay attention to the important things of life ... like the contemplation of my navel.
[...]

You apparently are not aware of just how GREAT I am? I urge you to study my signature. I am not only GREAT, but HOLY besides.

I have already alluded to your self proclaimed beatification. I

remember by grandson shouting loudly, "Look at me, Look at me, while
handing by his knees from a tree limb and his sister saying, "You are
not wonderful".

It is important to have some manufactured personas in order to deal with fools like you. Moreover, unlike you, I use my full real name. That is because when I kick ass I want whose ever ass I am kicking to know my name. I do not hide behind any kind of anonymity. Just another reason why I am GREAT and you aren’t.
[...]

Old June 10th 13, 12:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 01:39:21 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 19:02:37 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

[...]

I see. Your opposition to bicycles is based on the supposition that

you are somehow important enough the warrant the closing of public
owned property to only you and your like?

You are just another bigot confuses his desires with reality.

Now the name calling begins as I knew it would. Mountain bikers and those who defend them are all of a type. I have given you a half dozen reasons why there is no place for bikes on hiking trails. You are the only one here who confuses his desires with reality. No wonder Mr. Vandeman calls you out for the scoundrels that you are!
[...]

Ah yes, but of course you did say:
write:

How far back do you want to go, you confounded dolt! All of my life
trails have been reserved for such as myself.

and you wrote

When I was young like you I knew next to nothing about anything.

and you wrote

Only pure souls like Mr. Vandeman care enough about nature to want to
exclude bikes

and you wrote

You apparently are not aware of just how GREAT I am? I urge you to
study my signature. I am not only GREAT, but HOLY besides.

and you wrote

More seriously, I defer to Mr. Vandeman on any and all issues of
qualifications. He is a genius!

And you wrote

You don’t see ****! Compared to you I am the second wisest man in the
world

But you object to the title of a bigot?

Well, what do you prefer? Perhaps, "a prejudiced person who is
intolerant of any opinions differing from his own". It seems to
describe you perfectly.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old June 12th 13, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

It is always a pleasure to see my words of wisdom repeated for the enlightenment of the world. What you seem not to understand is that you are a name caller, like all mountain bikers, whereas all I do is state the simple facts of life.

But you object to the title of a bigot?

Bigot is one of those words that politically correct liberals like you throw around whenever you are stumped. I am surprised you did not call me a racist and a homophobe besides since those are also favorite politically correct words for liberals like you. I am an old fashion kind of guy. I simple call others what they are ... assholes, numbskulls and blackguards.

Well, what do you prefer? Perhaps, "a prejudiced person who is
intolerant of any opinions differing from his own". It seems to
describe you perfectly.

Why would I tolerate opinions other than my own when my opinions are right and all other opinions are wrong. There is definitely something wrong with the way your brain works.

Can I ever be persuaded to change my mind about anything? Of course, but only by the most reasonable argument. I have never yet changed my mind about anything by being called a bigot. Mr. Vandeman makes all the sense in the world to me; you make no sense at all.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old June 13th 13, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:52:51 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

I see, you decline the title "Bigot" but seize on the description
which I copied from a dictionary. Very strange, as you see I looked up
the word "bigot" and simply cut and pasted the description to my post.

So essentially you glory in the attributes of a bigot but decline to
be described as such.... because it is politically incorrect.

So, while you to act the part you decline the description, and perhaps
a better way to describe you is "an individual who refuses to face
reality".

Old June 15th 13, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message news
On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:52:51 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]
[...]

“Bigot” is name calling as everyone in the world well knows including you. The last thing you want to do is get into a name calling contest with me. That is the one thing that I am a world class expert at since I have no inhibitions when it comes to using words however I please.

So, while you to act the part you decline the description, and perhaps
a better way to describe you is "an individual who refuses to face
reality".

The only reality to be faced is that mountain bikers need to get the hell off of our trails!

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old June 15th 13, 12:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 21:09:02 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message news
On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:52:51 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]
[...]

Ah Now I understand, they are YOUR trails, all of them, everywhere. So
I imagine that you also foot the bill for pioneering them in the first
place and now maintaining them.

Well, given that scenario I suggest that you erect gates and keep the
damned trespassers out of YOUR trails.

Which makes me wonder what all your posts are about. After all, if you
own a property you can erect gates and fences to keep the unwanted
out. But instead you post to Usenet Ad nauseam.

Or perhaps this is the only way you have to gain the admiration of
your fellows.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old June 15th 13, 10:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 21:09:02 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
[...]

You do not understand **** and never have. By “our” trails I mean of course those trails which have traditionally been reserved for hikers from time immemorial. I have already explained to you what I mean by “time immemorial” but you are so dense that I will no doubt have to explain it to you for a second time just as I have to do with everything else. No more repeated explanations for you! Learn to read more broadly. I am highly educated and refuse to write down just for the sake of idiots who pounce on words stupidly.

Well, given that scenario I suggest that you erect gates and keep the

damned trespassers out of YOUR trails.

Which makes me wonder what all your posts are about. After all, if you

own a property you can erect gates and fences to keep the unwanted
out. But instead you post to Usenet Ad nauseam.

Just for the record, my posts are about fun and games. Absolutely nothing can ever be accomplished on an unmoderated newsgroup. It is strictly a forum for useless and inane activity which we prove every time we post a message. The minute this is no longer any fun, I will leave Usenet forever.

Or perhaps this is the only way you have to gain the admiration of

your fellows.

Mr. Vandeman and I could care less what this newsgroup or any other group of our ‘fellows’ think of us. We admire each other which is quite sufficient unto the day. It is why we are GREAT and you aren’t.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great