Forget St. Etienne

Old July 23rd 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

Default Forget St. Etienne

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:10:07 -0600, "Steven L. Sheffield"
wrote:

On 07/22/2007 09:29 AM, in article , "Morten
Reippuert Knudsen" wrote:

wrote:

I agree, but i've never seen anyone in but meself in rbr expressing
that. Actally the St Etinnene TT wasn't all that bad, he spent more
than 4 miunttes off the bike durring that TT. Assuming he would have
stayed on the bike he wouldn't have lost more than 3 minuttes to
Armstong and 2.30 to Ulrich.

Part of being good at TTs is being prepared, and mentally
or physically, he wasn't prepared. The difference in 2007
is that on the evidence of the picture links Shayana posted,
he's actually spent some time riding his TT bike this year,
or if not that, at least he spent some time getting a fit
for a proper TT position.

I don't think he is going to put as much time into everyone
else in the remaining mountain stages as many in RBR seem
to think; so I don't think he will have much of a cushion
if any by the final TT.

He bolstered his cushion with antother 2:04 to Evans and Kloeden
today. Now he only has to hang on to Contador.

Michael Arse-ficken should be thrown out of the Tour for his multiple missed
tests over the past couple of years.

**** that. It's stupid that he has to report his ****ing whereabouts like a damn
pervert on parole.

Let Contador and Evans fight it out.

Where was Contador every single week of the last 2 years? Are HIS papers in
order.

Ron
Old July 23rd 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Reippuert Knudsen" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Ron- Hide quoted text -

And how about the Columbians?? It's a Eurocentric system that works
well for those close by. I wonder how many out of competition tests
they've sent people to Kazakhstan to conduct?
I saw an article this weekend about companies injecting GPS tracking
and security chips into their employees, can the UCI be far behind?
It's not just a nutcase conspiracy thing anymore, unfortunately.
Bill C

Old July 23rd 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

Reippuert Knudsen" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I really do understand that out of competition testing is the current thing and
part of the job. But somehow I am so much more sympathetic to Chicken sending a
postcard than I am with the bloodsuckers and peripheral personnel who only get
to annoy and drain blood from such as him. I guess that's where the complaints
about men in black come from. Who wants to go to all those weird, wild places to
get samples for testing.

I've also been wondering about the Hemopure allegations that've just come up.
Who would use something that a seventh grader could detect.

Ron
Old July 23rd 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

"Bill C" wrote in message
s.com...

And how about the Columbians?? It's a Eurocentric system that works
well for those close by. I wonder how many out of competition tests
they've sent people to Kazakhstan to conduct?
I saw an article this weekend about companies injecting GPS tracking
and security chips into their employees, can the UCI be far behind?
It's not just a nutcase conspiracy thing anymore, unfortunately.
Bill C

Somebody needs to convince Mark Cuban to sponsor a cycling team.

Old July 23rd 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

Reippuert Knudsen" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Well, the past two years he was with Manolo Saiz and Dr. Fuentes witch
meant that he was kicked out of the TDF last year.

We haven't seen the complete Puerto files yet but rumors are that he
is in there along with Valverde.

To me it's a lot more incriminating than failing posting your
where-abouts in time or a loose 5 year old questionable rumor.
Also, i very much doubt that the Spanish cycling federation will ban a
rider from WC and Olympics because of two warnings due to falty
where-abouts. The UCI rules clearly states that there only can be a
case after 3 warnings. Rasmussen has two, and the first one is only a
minor warning which is he will be clear of by september.

My guess is there is a lot of riders with one or two warnings in the
present peloton.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.
Old July 23rd 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

Reippuert Knudsen" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Actually Vinokurov should be tested by the Kazakh, French and Monaco's
cycling federations as well as by UCI's because he lives i France and
has a licence from Monaco. I'd guess that he is only being tested by
the UCI and partialy by the French association. Secondly i guess that
Vinukorov has or should have had a cupple of warnings since he is one
of the "Men in black", Rasmussen is one of them as well.
Do you think the French and Kazakh federations has given him any
warnings? I don't. Regarding the Spanish riders and the Spanish
cyclingfederations out-of-competition tests i very much doubt that
they are conduction their own test.

Rasmussen prime problem is that the Danish (like the German)
Cycling Federation are conduction their own tests as an addition to
the test made by UCI. It means that he got warnings for his
where-abouts and from missing out-of-competition test from UCI and the
Danish Cycling Federation at the same time.
His second problem is that the Danish Cycling Federation (like the
German) has an ethical charter regarding representation on the
national team: Riders has to take part i additional out-of-competition
test besides those from the UCI, additional DCU can (as they did in this
case) ban rider from the national team even though the rider isn't
under suscpicion or hasn't voilated any UCI rules.
I'd bet you that neither the Duch, Belgian, French, Spanish, Italian,
Ukranian, Russian, Sweedish or American federation has similar strict
rules. Dunno about the British, but the Norwegian and the German rules
are as strict as the rules under DCU.

Old July 23rd 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jul 23, 1:26 pm, "Carl Sundquist" wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message

s.com...

And how about the Columbians?? It's a Eurocentric system that works
well for those close by. I wonder how many out of competition tests
they've sent people to Kazakhstan to conduct?
I saw an article this weekend about companies injecting GPS tracking
and security chips into their employees, can the UCI be far behind?
It's not just a nutcase conspiracy thing anymore, unfortunately.
Bill C

Somebody needs to convince Mark Cuban to sponsor a cycling team.

That would be some SERIOUS theater! I can't even imagine what he'd
have to say about the folks running cycling, especially when he wasn't
being handed a record fine for every comment.
Bill C
PS
I'm praying they let him buy the Cubs. That'll be fun too.

Old July 23rd 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:
Actually Vinokurov should be tested by the Kazakh, French and Monaco's
cycling federations as well as by UCI's because he lives i France and
has a licence from Monaco.

Perhaps they'll have to clone him so he can be in all 3 places at the same
time to be tested. Imagine a whole team of Vino clones.

Old July 23rd 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:32:07 +0200, Donald Munro
wrote:

Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:
Actually Vinokurov should be tested by the Kazakh, French and Monaco's
cycling federations as well as by UCI's because he lives i France and
has a licence from Monaco.

Perhaps they'll have to clone him so he can be in all 3 places at the same
time to be tested. Imagine a whole team of Vino clones.

They'd tear up the peloton if they'd ever work together. One of 'em would surely
win each stage, just that no one of them would win enough for the GC.

Ron
Old July 23rd 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Morten Reippuert Knudsen schreef:
His second problem is that the Danish Cycling Federation (like the
German) has an ethical charter regarding representation on the
national team: Riders has to take part i additional out-of-competition
test besides those from the UCI, additional DCU can (as they did in this
case) ban rider from the national team even though the rider isn't
under suscpicion or hasn't voilated any UCI rules.
I'd bet you that neither the Duch, Belgian, French, Spanish, Italian,
Ukranian, Russian, Sweedish or American federation has similar strict

All Dutch "international sporters" (a term defined in the antidoping
rules) must make their training locations and daily training schedule
known to the antidoping authority (DADA..?), every month at least 2
weeks in advance. Out of competition controls can take place any time,
unannounced. (Although there was a minor scandal earlier this year when
a news show discovered that all the controls they filmed, 3 or 4, *were*
announced.) If the official does not meet you (at the training venue,
your home or 1 or 2 other addresses you wrote down) he will try another
time. If that does not succeed either, he will phone you. There has to
be a control within 2h of that call. If not, the sports association will
be notified and you will get suspended for 3 months to a year (depending
on which assoc).

So, no warnings.

--
E. Dronkert

Forget Doping... Nobody Racing 3 October 4th 06 08:46 AM
Forget Landis how about that Eki! doc Racing 3 July 23rd 06 03:15 PM
Who else did they forget? Veloise General 6 October 6th 05 09:05 PM
saint etienne ITT comparisons Dan Gregory Racing 4 July 18th 05 11:11 PM
Don't Forget Simonb UK 11 April 12th 05 06:55 PM