Are you a real cyclist?

Old February 2nd 09, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

Default Are you a real cyclist?

www.bike99.com/realcyclist.html

I scored a genuine 79 points.
Old February 2nd 09, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
www.bike99.com/realcyclist.html

I scored a genuine 79 points.

Only 49 :-(

Old February 2nd 09, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
_[_9_]

Tom Crispin wrote:
www.bike99.com/realcyclist.html

I scored a genuine 79 points.

I'm afraid that over the past few days, a far more accurate and speedy
method of identifying cyclists. The thread started by 'spindrift', or
maybe Magna, contains a link to a video which CLEARLY shows a couple of
things, and implies some others.

The CLEAR things are attempted criminal damage, a S5 public order
offence, and an incandescent with rage cyclist. The POSSIBLE things are
a breach of the HC (not the law, remember). So, the identification
method is which reaction you have to this thread. Are you mildly bemused
by the furore, and firmly of the belief that the cyclist is inflammatory
and stupid, or are you one of the spit-flecked foaming at the mouth
loons who want to see some poor ******* lose his job for what was at
worst a harmless error of judgement. There ya go, you're a cyclist. Of
should I have said psycholist?
Old February 2nd 09, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Thomson

Ninety!

Old February 2nd 09, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

Tom Crispin wrote:
www.bike99.com/realcyclist.html

I scored a genuine 79 points.

Likewise. Helped by no car and a tendency to ride in almost all
weather. The -19 defeated me, the -15 I did twice.
Old February 2nd 09, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

Tom Crispin wrote:
www.bike99.com/realcyclist.html

I scored a genuine 79 points.

Nowhere near that. I disagree with the of the ways of scoring points.
e.g. "Thrown off a train". Real cyclists very rarely if ever take the
bike on a train.
Old February 2nd 09, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:44:23 -0000, "Clive George"
wrote:

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
.. .
www.bike99.com/realcyclist.html

I scored a genuine 79 points.

Only 49 :-(

1 - Shifted a huge load - 15 points (4 bikes, 12 helmets, 12
reflective tabards and 12 pairs of gloves)

2 - Biked across Britain (or equivalent) - 15 points (Atlantic to
Mediterranean Sea across the Pyrenees)
I didn't claim the bonus points even though I collected all my
sponsorship (£0)

3 - Biked to work frozen - 5 points - (-5C)

4 - Failed major repair - 4 points - (buckled wheel)

5 - Busted the speed limit - 4 points - (51.5mph in a 50 zone)

6 - Been careless - 10 points - (twice charged and prosecuted for
being drunk in charge of a bicycle - and twice found not guilty, I
haven't claimed the bonus)

7 - Dripped all day - 5 points - (in the Pyrenees, and on many other
occasions, but none so dire as that Pyrenean storm and pitching a tent
in a deluge and on a temporary sloping lake)

8 - Been thrown off a bus or train - 7 points - (got the French SNCF
guard to say, "I 'av sed it twice already, I wil sae it one more time,
bycicles ar not alowed on the TGV!"

9 - Ridden a recumbent - 0 points

10 - Had a bike nicked - 7 points - (I fantasised about amputating
bike thieves legs)

11 - Been on Critical Mass - 5 points

12 - Recognised someone by their bike - 6 points - (possibly should
not have awarded myself this, but I counted an incident at red lights
as being equivalent. Woman: "Are you looking at my legs?" Me: "No."
Woman: "Well what the ****ing hell have you been staring at?" Me:
"Errr, sorry, I was just admiring your gorgeous Pashley, I hadn't even
noticed your legs!")
Old February 2nd 09, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
burtthebike

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
www.bike99.com/realcyclist.html

I scored a genuine 79 points.

Just crept in with 71

Old February 2nd 09, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alistair Gunn

burtthebike twisted the electrons to say:
Just crept in with 71

Just crept into "Real Good" with 47.

I've never managed to identify someone as a result of their bicycle, but
I did once get mis-identified as someone else as a result of my bike!
(2007 Dunwich Dynamo, someone pulls alongside my Trice QNT and says
"Hello Dave! pause Oh, sorry, I thought you where Dave Larrington!".
Old February 2nd 09, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message

6 - Been careless - 10 points - (twice charged and prosecuted for
being drunk in charge of a bicycle - and twice found not guilty, I
haven't claimed the bonus)

What do you get if you read the question properly? :-)