Nasty crash

Old July 2nd 03, 02:38 AM
John Staines

Default Nasty crash

I've just read that Henke Vogels has had a terrible crash and is in a
serious condition. Apparently his helmet saved him from certain death.

He was clocked at 109km an hour just before he hit the barrier. It
looked so bad that other cyclists stopped racing because they thought he
had died.

Bloody terrible news
Old July 2nd 03, 03:09 AM
roofi

"Apparently his helmet saved him from certain death."

Oh no, the anti-helmet Nazis are going to swarm around you now.........

Old July 2nd 03, 03:09 AM
roofi

Old July 2nd 03, 05:40 AM
Twisties

Australian cyclist Henk Vogels is in hospital with a fractured vertebrae
and broken ankle after crashing during the Fitchburg three-day tour in
Massachusetts.

His father, Henk Senior, said the 29-year-old West Australian was in a
stable condition but was in traction until the break in his spine had
been assessed.

"He clipped a wheel and hit a guard rail at 108km per hour," he said.

Vogels' ankle was broken in three places and he also suffered head
injuries in the crash on Saturday.

He is being treated at the University of Massachusetts Memorial
Hospital.

"But the signs are good. It's only 48 hours after the event and it's not
a life or death situation," his father said.

He said the seriousness of his son's spinal injury should be known on
Wednesday.

Vogels has competed at five world road championships, the
Commonwealth Games, on the Tour de France and was 1997 Australian
Cyclist of the Year.

--
SPECIALIZED
BigHit: Because the engine is fearless.

Old July 2nd 03, 10:30 AM
Andrew Swan

Eh? Did you find this on http://www.engrish.com ?

Old July 2nd 03, 10:30 AM
Andrew Swan

Old July 4th 03, 01:59 AM
John Staines

Easy, you go down a hill. I've clocked up 77km an hour and I don't even
have that good a bike and also I was slowing myself down.

During the Jacobs Creek Tour Down Under the riders were clocked, with a
speed gun, going down Checkers Hill Road at 100km +

Cheers

John

Michael Stern wrote:

how do you go 110km on a bike?

Old July 4th 03, 08:10 AM
Twisties

did i find that on engrish? no, i think it was on www.smh.com.au (sydney
morning herald)

how do you go 110 on a bike? you pedel rreeaall fast!

--
SPECIALIZED
BigHit: Because the engine is fearless.
When we say BigHit we mean it.

Mayo Crash: Nozal involved? hotbanjo Racing 5 July 8th 04 09:01 PM
First crash today Luigi de Guzman General 22 August 14th 03 12:48 PM
Jan's crash Kurgan Gringioni Racing 12 July 27th 03 03:27 AM
Lance / Mayo crash chronology, and pedal controversy MrBob Racing 6 July 22nd 03 10:49 PM