Advice on e-bay unis

Old April 24th 05, 01:45 AM
onewheeldave

Default Advice on e-bay unis

A poster on 'Home of Poi' has asked about some e-bay unis. I've advised
them about cheap, but good, unis on unicycle.uk.com, and posted links to
models there; but I think they can't really afford to get something
new.

They've posted links to the following e-bay items-

http://tinyurl.com/byqvr

and

http://tinyurl.com/99f6p

From the photos they actually look OK, for example they've not got
lollipop bearing holders.

What do you think? I've heard bad reports here about e-bay unicycles.
Has anyone here had experience with these particuclar sellers? Are they
possibly scams with innacurrate photos?

Lastly, given that current bids are less than £15, what's the likely
final sale price going to be?

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the ******* work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32
onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874

Old April 24th 05, 02:31 AM
KcTheAcy

The first one looks like the seller has more experience and probably has
a bike shop or something because he is also selling 35 other unis
including QUAX: 36", giraffes and a trials uni. Also his SN is "Qu-Ax"

The other seller doesn’t seem to have as much uni experience but still
has good reviews.

They both look good to me.

--
KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

¤-Kaycee
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

Old April 24th 05, 02:57 AM
daino149

They both look ok, but I think the first one is slightly better because
of the Al rim. As you've stated, neither have lollipop and both saddles
look decent for learning. Just remember that neither are going to hold
up to any sort of aggressive riding, but should be fine for learning on.

--
daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

Check out my 'pics ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino)
'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
Rider without time.

Old April 24th 05, 03:19 AM
Fuego

well, I thiink it should be good. they look like suns to me, same saddle
as on mine.

--
Fuego - Unicycle Ninja

"Unicycling is more about the center of concentration than the center of
balance."

'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

Old April 25th 05, 12:31 AM
munipsycho

I had an unpleasant experience with a different seller for what it's
worth.

Here's the UR:
http://jeffreyhuffman.com/estoreauction.jsp

Make sure you check out www.paypalsucks.com. Some vitriol, but some
good stuff, too.

--
munipsycho - CrashTestDummies are us.

=====================
The UniSkills Assessment: www.munipsycho.com/uniskills_2.jsp

I can fly too. But I can only fly down.
-Little Bear

Imagine all the people
Riding on one wheel.
J. Lennon. (paraphrased)
munipsycho's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9589

Old April 25th 05, 12:34 AM
Evan Byrne

cant you like buy one nad if its not like in the pick or as described
you can eithe leave bad feedback or get your money back if its not as
good as he says

--
Evan Byrne

"What Makes The Monkey Dance?" That IS the question....
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old April 25th 05, 12:42 AM
KcTheAcy

Evan Byrne wrote:
*cant you like buy one nad if its not like in the pick or as described
you can eithe leave bad feedback or get your money back if its not as
good as he says *

Read jeff's story above your post.

Old April 25th 05, 12:49 AM
john_childs

Both of those unicycles come with only a 300mm seatpost. That's too
short for an adult or older teen. An adult will need a seatpost around
450mm with a 20" uni. So if this person buys one of the eBay unicycles
he's going to be making a purchase from Unicycle.com anyways to get a
400mm or 500mm seatpost. Make sure to factor that in to the cost of the
uni.

The first seller sells other unicycles on eBay so it's possible he may
have some unicycle spares like long seatposts. If he does, then you may
be able to get one with the unicycle.

If the unicycle is purchased directly from Unicycle.com you can probably
get them to swap the short stock seatpost for a longer adult sized
seatpost at the time of purchase.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com