First uni recommendations

Old September 23rd 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wota

Default First uni recommendations

I would love to get a nimbus, they look like they can take a few hits
and I hear they're pretty good. However, I don't know if I can justify
spending $250-$300 on something that could be a complete waste of money
for me(No offense, its just I can't ride at all yet and I don't know if
I will stick with it or not). Plus, being a broke colleege student, I
don't even have the money for a torker lx yet

--
Wota
Old September 23rd 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
AK_unipsycho

if you want a cheap one go for a torker cx. its what I started on and
its definitely affordable, then when you learn to ride you can upgrade
to something more durable. I'm not gonna lie, the cx is by no means
durable, I snapped the axle just learning to hop up stairs, but a 24"
wheel seems easier to learn on

--
AK_unipsycho
Old September 23rd 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

I have a toker 24" for sale if you want it, its in great shape.

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73050

--
beeper

)-90'-UNISPIN-O

'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)
Old September 23rd 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

Although the ax seatpost is officially listed as 1/2 mm smaller then a
KH post, I found my KH posts fit my ax 29 perfectly.

The size 17x40x12 mm bearings on the lx or ax are a standard size found
at any bearing house, for 1 $ here.

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/17mm/6203Z

You can buy a whole new Torker wheelset , new hub, spokes, rim and
bearings, all assembled here for 31 $ Or less then half the cost of a
pair of Nimbus cranks for ISIS. Here,

http://tinyurl.com/49yv9j

New Torker cranks are 10 $/pr. , but any kind of cotterless cranks will
fit.

--
feel the light
Old September 23rd 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

I think that post/clamp size on UDC may be a typo. On the 20, 24, 29
the post is 26.8 mm and clamp a diff size on each.

In the past they've said the post and seat are the same as the LX,
which is 25.4 mm and the clamp 26.8mm.

The reason why I think the LX would be better for light Muni is you can
fit a larger tire than you could on the AX.

Wota wrote:
...Plus, being a broke colleege student, I don't even have the money for
a torker lx yet

Maybee you should use your uncle or cousin's to learn on while you save
up for your LX or a better uni. Again, a 20" will probably be easier to
learn on for you, even more so if you put on some longer cranks. (My 20
w/ 150 cranks was easier to learn than the stock 127's for friends and
for me to learn backwards)

Instead of doing what I did, getting something like the Nimbus II, I
wish I got a LX and saved up for a Kris Holm.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'

Bar recommendations [email protected] Techniques 9 July 5th 06 10:17 PM
HRM recommendations BruceA Australia 12 October 24th 05 02:57 PM
GPS Recommendations Jason Settles Techniques 23 August 11th 05 05:34 AM
Looking for MTB recommendations Boyd Speerschneider Mountain Biking 90 April 1st 04 09:08 PM