rash on legs from uni seat

Old September 23rd 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jaycob533

Default rash on legs from uni seat

when i ride my unicycle i usually get this rash and redness on the side
of my legs on the inside of my thighs.it burns and hurts and prevents
me from enjoying and being able to ride my uni at full capability

does anyone no how to prevent or fix this problem?

-thanks

--
jaycob533
Old September 23rd 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lunicycle

What seat and clothing do you use?

A good seat goes a long way to reducing that problem, a crappy seat can
make riding unbearable regardless of what you're wearing.

Wearing good quality, cycling knicks is the other part of the solution,
either as your shorts, or under whatever shorts you like to uni in.

--
lunicycle
Old September 23rd 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
frogy130

Along with a good seat and bike shorts, I find that bodyglide
www.bodyglide.com/ applied to the inner thighs helps as well. I found
it locally at Sports Authority.

Found this for dealing with salt soars, when training for a '300 mile
kayak race' (http://home.comcast.net/~frogy130/ec/) that the wife and I
did.

Eddie

--
frogy130
Old September 23rd 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
emox

i get the same problem and i do have a crappy seat!lol a trainer
unicycle but im ordering new knoxx one today yey and i wear jeans,
although i only get rashes on some days and not others

--
emox
Old September 23rd 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jaycob533

lunicycle wrote:
What seat and clothing do you use?

A good seat goes a long way to reducing that problem, a crappy seat can
make riding unbearable regardless of what you're wearing.

Wearing good quality, cycling knicks is the other part of the solution,
either as your shorts, or under whatever shorts you like to uni in.

i have a torker lx seat witch is not the best should be fine i think.
i always ride in jeans.thats all i have.haha.levis.

so would a better seat reduce my problem or could it be the way i ride?

--
jaycob533
Old September 24th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lunicycle

The seat on the LX is not great. We have an LX that my wife and kids are
learning on, I find the seat too uncomfortable to ride. Can't imagine
jeans + the LX seat is a good mix. Would be worth upgrading the seat on
the LX (which will require a new seatpost too) to any of the KH seats.
That should do the trick

--
lunicycle
Old September 24th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jaycob533

lunicycle wrote:
The seat on the LX is not great. We have an LX that my wife and kids are
learning on, I find the seat too uncomfortable to ride. Can't imagine
jeans + the LX seat is a good mix. Would be worth upgrading the seat on
the LX (which will require a new seatpost too) to any of the KH seats.
That should do the trick

i'll start looking around and saving up.thanks for the help

--
jaycob533
Old September 24th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

I always wear tight cycling shorts under my pants or shorts (no
underwear).

For med-long rides I don't wear jean pants or shorts and use Chamoix
Butt'r.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old September 24th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

If you are new to unicycling, or got a new unicycle/new seat, then this
is probably natural. I had it and its a pain. It only lasts about a
week or two. It will go away with riding.

--
beeper

)-90'-UNISPIN-O

'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)
Old September 24th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jaycob533

beeper wrote:
If you are new to unicycling, or got a new unicycle/new seat, then this
is probably natural. I had it and its a pain. It only lasts about a
week or two. It will go away with riding.

yes.my unicycle is new.

--
jaycob533

Rash on my leg NKahler Unicycling 25 June 22nd 08 11:43 PM
On Road Rash Absent Husband Australia 17 May 24th 05 04:16 AM
Helmet rash? David Bentley UK 29 May 4th 05 01:49 PM
road rash help Fritz M General 31 April 24th 05 01:30 AM
Trail Rash!! TBF::. Mountain Biking 18 January 29th 05 03:04 AM