The current drugs and cycling fiasco

Old July 20th 04, 12:29 PM
cc

Default The current drugs and cycling fiasco

Re Mark French et al, I find it hard to believe they
would leave vials of whaever lying around or have
packets of the thing mailed to them directly, using
their *real* names.

The *only* reason that I can think of is that
if what they were doing were all legit, hence no fear.
I mean why hide the vials if what u were injecting
were *really* only vitamins.

So I'd give the riders the benefit of the doubt.
What do u guys think?
Old July 20th 04, 01:51 PM
hippy

"cc" wrote in message
So I'd give the riders the benefit of the doubt.
What do u guys think?

Well, Eadie is back (see cfsmtb's post) and
French is still out of luck - haven't heard much
about him since the Eadie news..
Haven't had time to read much of cyclingnews
either.. I even missed a couple of nights of
SBS TdF!! Egads!

hippy

Old July 21st 04, 05:35 AM
Mike

cc wrote:
Re Mark French et al, I find it hard to believe they
would leave vials of whaever lying around or have

Can you believe there is a culture of self-injection?

Its the whole modern win-at-all-costs sports culture that
is to blame. Its the huge money from endorsements, the pressure,
the government spending mega-bucks to effectively buy olympic
gold medals. The olympic spirit is long dead. Of course they
_all_ take drugs. Its just a question of whether an individual
sticks to permitted "supplements", or uses known banned drugs.
At least in the TdF, they don't pretend to be amateurs.