Looking for some Trial Unicyclist at Cambridge

Old January 4th 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Usul

Default Looking for some Trial Unicyclist at Cambridge

Hello,
I'm from France, I work now at Cambridge since 2 month and during my
christmas holiday I brought my Trial Unicycle with me.
I practice since 1 year and I'm looking for other people who practice
at Cambridge.
I doesn't really know the city so let me do a visit and make me
discover all the spot they are!
Thanks

--
Usul
Old January 4th 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

I know paul royal and jerryattric are from Cambridge. I haven't seen
them on here for a while though

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you?
*
*"You must have shot an awefull lot of tigers sir"
"Yes... I used a machine gun!"
* *
**
*
Old January 4th 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

UK or MA?

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old January 4th 09, 10:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

there's another Cambridge! Does every town in England have a clone in
America or something?

possibly, there's another Colchester in Vermont I think lol

Old January 4th 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
paul royle

Sadly I'm not in Cambridge any more. I'm living in London now.

There are a few riders in Cambridge. Try heading to the unicycle hockey
practice on a Friday night from 6 til 7 at 'Cambridge Regional College'
(http://www.camre.ac.uk/Dynamix-Health-And-Fitness/)

Or head down to Cambridge Community Circus on a Sunday night, it's
mostly jugglers but there are a few unicyclists - 'website'
(http://www.chaos.org.uk/ccc/)

Paul

--
paul royle
Old January 5th 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

If that's Cambridge, MA, I'm in Boston until Thursday the 8th.
http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55898
I can't do trials, but it'd be cool to ride around w/ some other
riders.

I can do mild to moderately technical Muni. It's not supposed to
rain/snow for the rest of my stay, so maybe the trails will be clear
enough for me to ride on Tuesday or Wednesday (I can't ride in snow
consistently yet), if you want to do that.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old January 5th 09, 11:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Usul

Hi guy!
Thanks for your answers, I'm on UK not on US.
Paul do you know some square or some place where I can practice in
Cambridge? With some adresse I can find I think.
I'm at Cherry Hinton. And do you know if I can take the bus with my
unicycle because the city center is far.

--
Usul
Old January 7th 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Usul

Hi,
No more riders at Cambridge?
Sunny day tomorrow!!!

--
Usul
Old January 7th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
paul royle

I'm not sure about places to practice. There's a fair amount of space
near the junction/cineworld and it's not too far from Cherry Hinton.

Some bus drivers will let you get on the bus with a uni, some won't.
There's no definite rule.

Paul

--
paul royle
Old January 8th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
acl

I´ve just returned to Cambridge myself after being away for over a year,
so also keen to find out what´s happening now.

The community circus used to be pretty good sometimes if you were more
into freestyle - there were some pretty good riders, not sure who´s
still around. Sometimes we could get 7-8 unicyclists down and end up
playing unicycle gladiators, which was always a laugh...

Good to hear the hockey is still going, that´s another option then, and
probably the best way to meet other unicyclists. There also used to be a
maialing , I think, but I´m not honestly
sure if it still exists. Idea was people would use this to arrange
practice sessions / rides / whatever, but this never really
happened...(I´ve not really got into trials myself, so am hopeless ;-),
but have done a fair bit of road and XC tho not as much as Paul...or
others at the Community Circus!).

Happy to meet up for a practice sesh anyways, tho I don´t have anything
approaching a trials uni with me (a 29er and a 26¨ schlumpf guni,
2nd-gen with reaction arm - both square-axle)!

--
acl

Unicyclist spotted! - Cambridge, UK norry Unicycling 4 September 17th 08 09:06 PM
Unicyclist in Cambridge UK joe Unicycling 4 January 12th 07 07:55 PM
RR: Oxford to Cambridge Andrew Worley UK 2 September 26th 06 02:27 PM
Cambridge rowman UK 22 August 2nd 06 07:17 AM
RR (Cambridge to) London to Cambridge Simon Proven UK 1 July 23rd 06 02:58 PM